Chapter 52: Monster's Weakness

Start from the beginning

— I crashed against a tree —Jay smiled amused.

— So we could say... She's... Petra-fied? —Mirayo asked. (SNK pun cuz... well, watch SNK).

— I'll cry Mirayo, I'll cry —Paty said.

— You 2 are an awful influence —Lloyd told the little lovebirds.

— Guys, we should go... I'm worried about Sensei —Potato said.

— He's running out of time —Zai said— Henry and Tao disappeared after you destroyed your room and escaped.

— I still don't understand how could he turn you into... that —I said— I thought only the Ancient Master could do that.

— I guess I did this myself —Paty sighed loudly— I don't even control my transformations, why did I ever thought that I could actually defeat the Overlord? How will I find an antidote for Sensei? How will I do anything?

— ...Because you're stronger, when you don't overthink everything —Cole said— Why do you think you destroyed HIM?

— Alright I... ummm, Jay, put me down please baby, I'm better —Pay said a bit flustered.

Jay put her on the ground. But didn't let go of her arm, in case she still felt dizzy.

— Let's go to the Bounty, I have an antidote to finish —Paty said.

The guys created their dragons, Potato, Zai and Erika did too. I climbed Potato's dragon, and Mirayo climbed to Erika's. Justin flew and landed on the back of Lloyd's dragon.

— Paty, are you okay? —Potato asked.

— I can't summon my dragon —Paty said, slightly worried. Jay giggled.

— Alright, alright. You're just dizzy. Climb up dragon girl —Jay said.

She climbed up, but in the end she tripped and fell on Jay's lap. She hide her face on his chest.

— Sorry —she squeaked.

— It's okay. You're had a hard fall, I told you to wait. I could've helped you —Jay said.

— I just heard your voice and I don't know what happened.

— A monster's weakness... —I muttered.

— Precisely —a voice said behind me.

— J- JUSTIN?!

— Our biggest weakness would be love, do you think humans make stupid things when you're in love. You should see monsters, love make us powerless, we become impulsive and at the mercy of a certain person —Justin explained.

— R-really?

— Yes, and you wanna know something else?—he said.

— What?

He pressed his lips against mine, and for a good while, we kissed passionately.

— I fell in love with you—he smiled.

— Wow, this is... unexpected...—I shuttered.

— Do you... —Justin shuttered— do you like me too?     

— C'mon, just say yes. You've been talking about how cute and smart he is for days—Potato giggled.

— Who would've guessed, Justin, the most disciplined of monsters, the Monastery's best fighter, breaking the golden rule—Paty said.

— The what rule? —Mirayo asked.

— After Paty's grandfather married her grandmother and left the Enchanted Realm. Monsters were forbiden to love humans, of course, many broke that rule, plus the ones who did before. That's why witches exist, they're descendants of creatures who left the Enchanted Realm to marry humans—Justin said— but love is the strongest thing of all.