Keep Your Distance, Diggory!

Cedric's P.O.V

I staggered back to the Common Room. I was so exhausted from last night but it was more than worth it. (Y/N) had fallen asleep on my shoulder while we were sitting against the wall. It was the most uncomfortable position to be in all night but I didn't want to wake her. She was so exhausted and I didn't have the heart to disturb her sleep. I couldn't get comfortable so I ended up staying up the entire night. But it was worth it. For her.
I turned down a dark hallway. I had 20 minutes until breakfast and 20 minutes of sleep seemed better than none at all. I trudged down the corridor, racking my brain for the password to the portrait. But all I could think about was my exhaustion. My exhaustion and my girlfriend. (Y/N) is everything to me. I love her more than anything. I love her more than life itself. I hope she knows that.
Before I can make it back to the Common Room I'm slammed into the wall at full force. A grunt escaped my lips before I can stop it. I inhaled slowly, trying to analyze the situation. A male. I can tell by the weight of his body and the strain of his muscles. He's a Slytherin. He's too aggressive to be a member of any other house.
I tried my best to get the gears in my brain working again. A male. A Slytherin. And someone who clearly doesn't like me. Higgs. Damn it! Of course he it was him. His hand closed around my throat as I kneed him in his thigh. He staggered backwards but not before he punched me in the face. I growled in response, ready to punch him.
"Enough! We came here to talk to the guy not beat him into a pulp. (Y/N/N) would not be happy if we killed her boyfriend. Even if it is Pretty-Boy-Diggory." I knew that voice. Weasley. What were a Gryffindor and a Slytherin doing anywhere near each other.
"What the hell do you 2 want with me? I haven't done anything to you so can you tell me why you hate me so much?" Higgs sneered as Weasley took a step forward.
"You mean other than the fact that you're a good for nothing Hufflepuff?" Terence barked. I scowled. Slytherins could be so prejudiced. I really hated Higgs.
"Well if you're looking for another reason then let's start with (Y/N/N). That's our girl you git. And as much as we hate each other, we'd do anything for her." Fred added, a deep frown tugging on his mouth. I scowled. (Y/N) was my baby girl. My girl.
"What the hell does my girlfriend have to do with any of this? Does she know you're here? As a matter of fact why are you here?" Fred and Terence sneered again, making me roll my eyes, impatiently.
"You're girlfriend has everything to do with this! You're girlfriend is the whole reason we're here. Even if we do hate each other, (Y/N/N) comes first," Terence growled. I could feel my anger boiling. What the hell?
"We need you to stay away from our girl! She's got other things to worry about and you can't be the only thing she thinks about." Fred commented harshly.
"(Y/N) is my girlfriend! I don't have to stay away from her if I don't want to! It's our relationship! Not yours!" Terence gnashed his teeth and Fred let out a low growl.
"I suggest that you stay away from her if you really care about her safety! (Y/N)'s behavior has gotten more reckless and that's putting her in danger." I took a step back. (Y/N) was in danger? Why hadn't she told me?
"Why didn't she say anything? Does she want to break up? Why wouldn't she talk to me about this?" I bit my lip nervously. I can't lose (Y/N). Not now. Not ever. I can't believe she wouldn't tell me about something as serious as this. She should've told me.
"No Diggory. She doesn't want to break up with you and that's the problem. You mean more to her than anything else." Fred snapped, glaring at me.
"Are you saying you want me to break up with her. I'm not doing that. I need her. I promised her I wouldn't give up on her and I'm not breaking that promise. I won't hurt her. Not again. I can't do that to my baby." Terence rolled his eyes, making my temper skyrocket.
"Don't get all sentimental on us! I don't think I can see another Hufflepuff cry. Believe it or not that's not how I like to start my day. But I need you to break up with her. It's better for her and for all of us." Terence growled. I took another step back, scowling. There was no way.
"No. (Y/N) is the best thing I've ever that's ever happened to me. I love her and I'm not breaking up with her. (Y/N) and I will figure this out. We always do." I shot back. No matter what happens (Y/N) and I are a team. Forever and always. That's our promise. Terence stepped closer to me, his eyes ablaze with anger. Oh joy.
"Keep. Your. Distance. Diggory," he growled. He threw a punch, his fist connecting right below my eye. Before I could retaliate he kicked me in the shin and then in the knee cap. I groaned in pain as he threw another punch.
I collapsed onto the ground withering in pain. Fred kicked me in the ribs as Terence walked away cackling. I pulled myself up, leaning on the wall for support. I coughed only to see blood. My side ached and my head was pulsing. Ouch.
I needed to find (Y/N). She would know what to do. But she'd be more than pissed off if I told her that her best friends beat me up. What the hell was I going to do? I couldn't tell her the truth. She had a hard life and she needed friends she could count on. I hated Higgs and Weasley was beginning to get on my nerves but (Y/N) needed them. She needed to believe that they were good. That they had her back. And I needed to keep my distance.