The Dark Lord Has Returned

You ran through the empty halls, the heels of your boots clicking loudly. Harry had begun shouting about the return of the Dark Lord, and you couldn't help but believe him. But you couldn't worry about that right now. All your mind had room for was Cedric. Madam Pomfrey had carted him off to the infirmary, but, you had gotten caught up in the chaos of the Dark Lord returning, which, caused you from getting to him as soon as you had hoped.

               But now, at three in the morning. You could finally see him. You ran faster, and came to a skidding halt in front of the infirmary. You inhaled a sharp breath, praying he was alright.

                You barged through the doors, a look of pure worry etched on your features. You scanned the room, your (E/C) eyes landing on a curly haired Hufflepuff, in the back corner. He clung to the edge of the cot, struggling to keep his balance.

               His pale eyes flickered up, at the sound of you entering the room. You held your breath as he stared at you in confusion. Your heart stop. Did he not remember you?

               Before you could react, even in the pale light, you could see, as he gave you his award winning smile and held his arms open for you. Without hesitation, you rushed into him, colliding with him as he wrapped his strong arms around you.

               You burst into tears as he held you to his chest, comforting you with his loving embrace. He hushed you gently as he let the cot bear most of his weight.

               "I was so worried about you! Ced...I...I thought you had....I thought you had....Oh My God...Cedric...I thought you had d-died!" You whispered as he held you closer, kissing the top of your head, comfortingly. He stroked your (H/C) hair.

               "What was it that you said to me before the task?" He asked you as he continued to stroke your hair lovingly. You bit your lip, racking your brain.

               "Just don't die on me..." You replied quietly as you pulled your fiancé closer. He smiled as he looked down at you and nodded.

                "And what did I say?" He smirked as he pulled back and held your hands in his own, looking into your beautiful eyes. You smiled weakly, before answering.

                "You said, you wouldn't dream of it," You whispered as he nodded again. You wrapped your arms around him again, threading your fingers through his curls.

               "(Y/N), you're never going to lose me. I promise. Forever and always. Remember?" He asked as he shot you another one of his dazzling smiles.

               "Cedric, I love you so much, you don't even know," You laughed as he did his best to regain his balance on his own two feet. You stumbled backwards, terrified he was going to fall.

               "I'm alright. Just a little shaky is all," He reassured you as he took a few unsteady steps. You bit your lip, nervously.

               "Cedric, please, lay down. You're making me nervous," You whispered quietly, rushing to his side, making sure he didn't fall.

               "No! I don't want to spend another minute in here! I want to be in our own bed! And besides, there's something I have to tell you," He replied, lowering his voice. You stared at him in concern and utter confusion. You sighed, exasperated.

              "Why can't you just tell me here?" You asked. He shook his head, taking your hand in his own and leading you towards the large doors.

               "I can't. I can't risk anyone overhearing. No one can know, not until Harry tells Dumbledore. But you're my fiancée so it's different," He reasoned as he stumbled out of the hospital wing, towards the marble staircases.

               "This isn't a good idea! What if you fall?! I don't want you to get hurt!" You protested as he shook his head, stubbornly. He kept walking, ignoring your protests.

               He lead you through the darkened corridors, towards your dormitory. Cedric stopped suddenly, andd whirled around. You looked at him in fear, but before you could ask what was wrong, he smashed his lips into your own.

               He pulled back and mumbled the password, leaving you stunned. You shook yourself out of your daze and followed him into the main room, a crackaling fire greeting you. The portrait of your mother swung closed, making you jump.

               Tristan collapsed onto the couch, motioning to the seat next to him. You sighed and falling into his open arms. He caught you in a tight embrace, caressing your cheek gently.

                "I was so worried I had lost you, Ced. If you had died, I think I would've died from a broken heart. Don't you ever do something like that again!" You scolded him.

               "THE DARK LORD HAS RETURNED!" He blurted out, causing you to jolt upright, out of his safe embrace. You satared at him in shock. You shook your head.

               "Cedric...No...No...You're joking! You're joking, aren't you?!" You paniced, falling to your knees in horror. Cedric shook his head, as he got down on his knees, next to you.

               "He tried to kill me. And now he's coming for you..."