It Wasn't Your Fault! Don't Do It!

Cedric's P.O.V

               I jolted awake and lit the torch on my bedside deliriously. I was in a room that was entirely black and green. I looked around in utter confusion. Where was I?
               Soft cries startled me as I began to look around. How could I have been so stupid? (Y/N)! I looked to my right frantically only to find my baby girl missing. A soft light was filtering through the crack under the bathroom door. My (Y/N)! What was she doing?
                "(Y/N)! My love? Baby? Please open the door! Come on! Baby! Please!" I whispered as I stood against the bathroom door. It was locked as tightly as possible.
               "Go away! I don't want to talk to you!" She shouted back as she sobbed harder. I took a step back and pulled out my wand. This is what I had to do? Then I'd do it!
               "I'm sorry my love but you leave me no choice! Bombarda!" I shouted. The door flew open in one swift motion as I rushed forward only to find my girl lying in a heap on the floor. Covered in tears.
               "Get out! I told you I didn't want to see you!" She screamed as she continued to cry. I stepped forward reaching out for her but she scrambled away from me. I stared at my girlfriend in confusion as my heart broke. Why wouldn't she come to me?
               "Please, baby girl!  Don't push me away! I only want to help! Please! Let me help you! Let me hold you! Please, my love!" I begged as I took another step forward. But this time she got up and leapt into my arms. I pulled her closer as I stroked her hair.
               "He killed her! Cedric! He murdered her! Oh My God! He killed her!" She screamed into my bare chest. I kept my arms around her but froze in complete shock.
                "Your mother? I'm sure that can't be true! How do you know?" I asked frantically as I ran my hands over my love's arms. She sobbed even harder.
               "I just received a letter from Cornelius Fudge! He's arrested my father! Just a few hours ago! He murdered her! He murdered her and it's all my fault!" She shouted as she began to bang her head against my chest. I pulled back and gripped her shoulders tightly. No! She couldn't blame herself!
               "No! (Y/N)! Listen to me! None of this is your fault! Your father was an evil man! You didn't do anything to cause this, my love!" I shouted over her cries.
               "You don't understand! If I hadn't said anything at the trial and kept my mouth shut, she wouldn't be dead! This is all my fault! I'm sorry, Ced! I love you but I have to do this!" She screamed as she pointed her wand at herself. No! No! No!
               It was as if everything was happening in slow motion. She opened her mouth just as I pointed my wand and screamed a spell. Expelliarmus!
               Her wand flew from her hand and landed in my palm as she fell to the ground again. I set both wands in the other room and hid them. I rushed back into the bathroom and got to the floor next to my girl. I embraced her as she began to cry harder.
               "(Y/N)! What the hell did you just try and do?! Oh My God! You were trying to kill yourself! Oh My God! Listen to me! Don't you ever do that again! Never! Oh My God!" I screamed as my girlfriend rocked herself back and forth in pain.
               "I don't know how I can go on and live with myself after everything I've done! I was the one who put the final nail in my mother's coffin! Look what I've done!" She cried in agony as she gripped her head.
               "Baby! This wasn't your fault! You messed up and made a mistake! But don't you see? If you look at the big picture, he had a choice! And he made the wrong one! He chose to kill her! Everyone has the ability to be good or bad and he chose to be evil! Now I want you to look me in the eye and swear that you'll never try that again!" I shouted.
               "Cedric! If I hadn't upset him, none of this would have ever happened! If she didn't try and protect me from what he told her he was going to do, then she wouldn't be dead! Stand there and tell me that this wasn't my fault!" She shot back angrily.
               "Because it wasn't your damn fault! He's threatened your life before this! And you better believe he'd do it again! And trust me, (Y/N) Grace Middlebrook, your mother would've tried to protect you no matter what the circumstances! She would've given her life for you or Matt on any given day! Do you want to know why?! Because you are her daughter and she loves you! Now swear to me that you'll never try and kill yourself again!" I pleaded as I held her to me.
               "Why not?! It would do everyone an awful lot of good wouldn't it?! If I were gone I wouldn't be around to hurt anyone else! To put anyone in anymore danger!" She yelled as her voice cracked with agony and rage.
                "Because! I LOVE YOU! I NEED YOU! AND I CAN'T LOSE YOU! And you no I'm not the only one who feels like that! Terence! Fred! George! Adrian! And, Matthew! Think about Matthew! He's already lost his mother! His father's in prison for being one of the most evil men on this earth! And do you really think it'll do him any good to have his sister commit suicide? But most of all! Don't let your mother have died in vain! She died to protect you! Don't waste that sacrifice by trying to kill yourself! It wasn't your fault! Don't do it! Please!"
               "I'm so sorry Cedric! I'm just in so much pain and I feel so much guilt! But you're right! Matt needs me and this certainly wouldn't be what she would want! I'm so sorry Cedric! I don't know what I was thinking! I love you! I'm so sorry! I swear I'll never try that again!" She sobbed as she finally came to her senses. Thank God!
               I exhaled in relief as I pulled her to her feet. She leaned into me as her breathing became more controlled. "Come on, baby! I don't think either of us are going to get much sleep. Let's go down to the kitchens for some tea or coco," I whispered as I began to pull her towards the secret passageway. But she stopped dead in her tracks.
               "Cedric! He's been arrested! He's gone! He's in Azkaban! He can't hurt anyone else! He'll never be able to hurt Matt or I ever again! We're free! Cedric! We don't have to hide our love anymore! We don't have to be afraid!" She shouted as she threw her arms around me. I smiled into a soft kiss as I held her to me. She was my everything.

Author's Note: This is extremely important! Everyone who reads this part please read the message I've left in the comments! Thank you!