This Means War! This Means Revenge!

You'd been doing well with being punctual lately, sometimes even early. But your streak was now broken. It was bound to happen. The clock chimed 12:30 as you climbed the stairs to the astronomy tower. You had barely stepped into the tower before you were being smothered by Cedric's protective embrace. You smiled as your boyfriend inhaled you scent. You missed him desperately.
"Oh My God! Baby, I was so worried about you! Don't ever scare me like that again! And your git of a best friend wouldn't let me see you! I was so scared you wouldn't wake up! Or you'd wake up and forget everything!" You smirked, holding him in your arms.
"Ced? Baby? Are you trying to tell me that you were worried I'd wake up and forget who you were? Because I'd never be able to forget you. Even if I wanted to I couldn't." He smiled and leaned down to kiss you. You ducked before his lips could touch yours. He stuck out his lip, pouting. You smirked once again. He was so adorable.
"Baby! I've been waiting hours to kiss your pretty little face again! Don't do this to me! I was worried about my girl and you can't even give me a kiss to help ease my nerves." You rolled your eyes but pressed a quick kiss to his lips. He frowned when you pulled away.
"Now that you've gotten your kiss can we start? Please?" Cedric averted his eyes but nodded. You sighed and set your hand on his chest. His eyes met yours. The fear was more than evident in his expression. You it your lip nervously. "What's wrong, baby?"
"I don't know what I was thinking that night. I mean before I chased you outside. I can't remember a lot of it. I remember a few things I said to Hannah but it's all kind of a haze. But I'm worried I'll give you an answer you don't like and then you'll leave me again. I can't lose you. Not again."
You kissed him passionately and he immediately melted into you. His hands sunk into your deep (H/C) locks as you hung tightly to his torso. You pulled away, slightly. You pulled his hands out of your hair and intertwined your fingers together. "Don't worry. I'm sure there will be a lot of answers I'm not going to like, but I'm not going to leave you. You're willing to take this potion for me so I can know the truth and that says a lot. I love you, Ced. More than you'll ever know."
He sank to the ground, pulling you down with him, onto his lap. You gave him a reassuring look and kissed him once more. His eyes were clouded with worry but he nodded anyway. "All right. I'm ready. I'm going to apologize beforehand, just in case you decide to leave me. But I'll always love you (Y/N/N)!"
You nodded, pouring 3 drops of the serum into his mouth. He kept his beautiful eyes trained on you as he swallowed. You gulped as the potion set in, sinking into his blood. His eyes became dilated as the potion began to course through his veins. You sighed as you asked the first question. Here goes nothing. No turning back now.
"Were you cheating on me with Hannah?" You asked, carefully. You were terrified to hear the answer. But you knew what ever answer you got would be the absolute truth. No lies.
"No. I've only spoken to her a few times before that night. I would never cheat on you. I love you more than life itself (Y/N)!" You exhaled with relief. That was the answer you wanted to hear. But it didn't add up. Why would he say that to her?
"Do you love me? I mean, am I really the only girl you have feelings for?" He had said he loved you but you wanted to here the answer when you asked the question directly.
"More. Than. Life. Itself. There aren't enough words in this world or the next for me to tell you how much I love you and how much you mean to me!" You buried your face into his neck. He really was loyal to you until the very end. You felt the guilt sink in. You hadn't believed him when he told you he loved you. But you should have.
"Why did you say all of those things to Hannah? What happened before that to make you say those things?"
"I don't know. It kind of felt like I was in a trance. I can only remember bits and pieces of that night. I wish I could remember all of it." You sighed.
"Can you tell me what you do remember?" Something wasn't right. Cedric was telling the truth. Veritaserum was one of the most powerful potions in existence, he was telling the absolute truth. But something was definitely wrong. It was as if his memories had been tampered with. It was as if he had been under the influence of another potion.
"Well, I was at dinner and Hannah passed me a goblet. She told me it was pumpkin juice. I drank it and that's all I remember from that particular moment. I remember the writing on the wall. It was in blood. I remember seeing you with another boy. I remember feeling jealousy. I remember talking to Hannah in the hallway. I remember calling her baby and something about forever and always. And then I remember hearing a plink sound. That's when I found your ring and all of my memories are clear after that.
"One more question. The serum is going to wear off soon. Forever and always, Ced?" His eyes sparkled with love as he stared into yours. You smiled.
"Yes. Always. Forever and always. I will love you forever and always. You'll be my baby girl forever and always. Nothing will ever be able to change that." You smiled as tears began to fall down your cheeks, Cedric truly was yours. You were always good enough for him. You shouldn't have doubted him.
He shook his head and his eyes clear. The potion had worn off. The minute he saw the tears on your face, he stopped breathing. Tears began to slip down his own cheeks. "You heard something that hurt you? God, I'm so sorry! Baby, please don't leave me!"
"No! It's okay, baby. You gave me all the answers I was hoping to hear. I should be the one apologizing. I'm so sorry I didn't believe you. I know you love me and I love you too. I promise I'll never forget that!" He smiled and tackled you to the ground, covering your face in sweet, tender kisses. You smiled up at him as he moved to kiss you again.
"Did you figure out why I said all those things to Hannah? What the hell was I thinking because I'd like to beat that Cedric into a pulp!"
"Not really. Even with the Veritaserum your memories were off. It was as if they had been tampered with. Ced, it was as if you were being influenced..." You trailed off as realization hit you hard. Your anger began to rise. Cedric looked at you confused.
"What? Baby, what is it? I know that look. You just realized something. What?" You averted your eyes, as Cedric moved to a sitting position to give you more room.
"When you were under the serum I asked you what you remembered from that night. One of the things you said was Hannah gave you a drink at the feast and then all of the sudden it's like you're in love! Ced, she...."
"She gave me a love potion! Why that little..." He cut himself off. You shook your head. Your anger boiling. This means war. No one tried to steal your boyfriend and got away with it. Cedric leaned back, a look of pure shock coating his features. This means revenge.