You Put Her Life In Danger!

Cedric's P.O.V

            "This is crazy!" (Y/N) exclaimed as I came to a halt in front of the Headmaster's study. I rolled my eyes and kissed her cheek gently.

               "Possibly, but it's necessary," I replied as I knocked loudly on the door of the Headmaster's office. To my surprised the door opened, to reveal both Harry and Professor Dumbledore standing around a large glowing bowl.

               Next to me (Y/N) tensed and wound her arms around my arm. I pulled her closer as the Professor looked up at us and nodded.

               "Can I help you, Mr. Diggory?" Dumbledore replied calmly as I noticed Harry eyeing my soaking fiancée. I pulled her even closer as he did so.

               "I was wondering if I might have a word with you about our previous task, but we can come back later, seeing as you're busy now, sir," I replied as I turned to leave. Dumbledore chuckled and shook his head.

               "Nonsense. Mr. Potter, was just leaving," Dumbledore responded as he gestured towards the door. Harry turned to the headmaster, a look of confusion crossing his face.

               "I was?" Harry asked startled as (Y/N) smirked quietly. Dumbledore nodded and gave Harry a nudge towards the door. Potter hung his head in embarrassment and trudged out, closing the door with a loud bang, behind him.

               "Please, have a seat," Dumbledore offered as he gestured to the chairs in front of his desk. (Y/N) let go of my arm and took a seat next to the warm fire, shivering. I removed the towel from around my neck and draped it over her shoulders, trying to keep her warm. Dumbledore smiled gently and turned his attention back towards me.

               "Now, tell me, what's on your mind, Mr. Diggory?" Dumbledore asked as he adjusted the hat atop his head. I swallowed nervously and rubbed my knuckles as I looked at (Y/N).

               "It's just that this task was extremely dangerous. And I know that it would be. For me. But not my fiancée! Professor, you put her life in danger! I don't want to sound disrespectful, but sir, when I volunteered for these games, I didn't know I'd be putting (Y/N)'s life in danger as well."

               (Y/N) stood up, pulling the towels off of her. She shook her head and sighed heavily as she rubbed her eyes tiredly. "Cedric, please, this isn't necessary! I'm fine!" She reasoned, impatiently as she smoothed down her (H/C) hair.

               "It's quite alright, Ms. Middlebrook. Your fiancé does have a point. These tasks were designed to test his skills." Dumbledore assured her, making her sigh.

               "I'm sorry to question your competition, sir. But just seeing her body frozen underwater, and then to learn that she was placed at the bottom of a lake, when she can't swim -"

               "Ms. Middlebrook! You cannot swim?!" Dumbledore asked in shock as I looked at my fiancée in confusion. (Y/N) shook her head, looking at the ground.

               "No, sir. My father never allowed us to learn," (Y/N) replied quietly as Dumbledore released an exasperated sigh.

               "Ms. Middlebrook! Mr. Diggory was absolutely right to come to me! You could in fact have died during this task!" Dumbledore exclaimed, making me grasp my fiancée to steady myself. (Y/N) wrapped her arms around me.

               "Why didn't you tell Professor McGonagall that you weren't able to swim!" The Headmaster asked with extreme urgency.

               "Because, as I understood this task, I would be placed at the bottom of the lake and my Cedric would save me! I didn't know that it would require me to swim! These are tasks meant to test the abilities of our magical skills. Cedric's to be more exact! Not how well I can swim!" (Y/N) fired back as she let out an angry breath.

               I was surprised. (Y/N) had never spoken to a Professor that way. I did my best to hide my smile. Leave it to my fiancée to say that.

               "You're correct, Ms. Middlebrook. Please, accept my apologies, as I extended them to you both. I will make sure that (Y/N)'s life is not harmed again," Dumbledore replied as he turned towards me. (Y/N) nodded as she sighed.

               "I'm terribly sorry to disrupt you like this, Professor," I sighed as I averted my eyes. The Headmaster shook his head in understanding.

               "It's quite alright, Mr. Diggory. That was in fact an important issue that needed to be addressed. And I admire your responsibility to come speak to me about that. I will inform the Ministry of this incident. They, after all, are responsible for creating the tasks."

               "Thank you, sir," (Y/N) replied as she collected the towels she had left abandoned on the chair. Dumbledore nodded as he opened the door to his study.

               "Sir, I just have to ask you, (Y/N) will not be in any danger during the final task, will she? Because if anything happens to my baby I won't be able to forgive myself," I asked the Headmaster as (Y/N) grasped my hand in her own, to reassure me.

               "No, Mr. Diggory. We will insure that Ms. Middlebrook is out of harms way for the upcoming task. Nothing shall hurt her," Dumbledore replied as he smiled lightly. I let out a sigh of relief as I lead my fiancée out the door.

               "You'll be safe for the next task. He promised he'd keep you safe. That makes me feel much better," I murmured as (Y/N) smiled weakly,

               "But he didn't promise me your safety," (Y/N) replied nervously. I rubbed circles into her smooth knuckles as I kissed her silky hair.

               "Don't worry! I'll come back, perfectly fine, you'll see. Just wait." I reassured her.