Our Love Will Last An Eternity!

You laid on your back as you stared up at the thousands of glittering stars above you. No one was awake and Cedric had yet to find you after you ran. Would he think to look in a courtyard no one ever went to?
               "I've been looking for you everywhere! Why did you leave?" A voice pierced the night air as footsteps approached you.
               You stood up. You knew you wouldn't be able to hide from him forever. He walked over and stood in front of you. "Why did it take a serum to force you to tell me that you were having doubts about our relationship? Is honesty not something we value in this relationship anymore? Because trust me, two can play at that game!" You retorted.
               "I told you about what happened between Cho and I? But then I must've told you that I didn't love her! I must've told you that you were the one I loved!" Cedric exclaimed. You didn't know what to do.
               "Yes, you did tell me that, but don't you get it? How am I supposed to trust you? You didn't tell me you were having doubts about our relationship, and then you just expect me to fall back into your arms without having any concern at all? I don't think so!" Trust was hard to regain.
               "You know that's not what I expect of you! You know that I love you! But I also know that I betrayed your trust! And it kills me! I regret what I've done and I know that may be hard for you to believe, but I truly do regret it!" Cedric pleaded.
               "You lied to me! You told me that your lips never touched any other girl's in the last 2 years and that they never would! How could you?!" You cried.
               "I'm so sorry! I know that's not an excuse but you have to know how much I love you! I hate myself for lying to you! And I understand if what I've done ends our relationship," He sighed as he turned away from you in pure sadness.
               "You said that you would talk to your father and that no one would ever be able to break us apart because our love was too powerful! Please Ced! I just want to understand! Was I not enough?"
               "I don't want to ever hear you say that again! I love you more than life itself! And you know that I would rather die than lose you! But I did something terrible! I betrayed your trust when all you ever gave me was love! And I meant what I said, if my betrayal is too much for you to bear then I'll understand. But I'm going to stand here and beg for you not to leave until you make your decision! I'm so sorry! I can't tell you how sorry I am!"
               He sank to the ground in front of you as he held your hands in his. You could read the pain in his eyes as he began to cry. You shook you head.
               "You don't have to beg! Please don't beg! You know I love you! I just need you to give me something! Anything! I need to know that I can trust you! I want to trust you!" You sobbed as you squeezed his hands in yours. He looked around desperately as if his words wouldn't be enough. His gaze finally landed on your fingers and you could practically see the lightbulb appear as he got an idea. You smiled weakly and hoped it would be good enough.it had to be good enough.
               "Why do you wear that ring?" He asked as he gestured to the emerald on your finger. It was the ring that he had given you last year. You sniffed as you looked down at it.
                "It's from you! It was your promise to me! You said that the ring represented your love for me and that the only place it belonged was on my finger," You managed to choke out through all the tears streaming down your face. You just wanted it to end the fights.
               "And there you have it! But I can do so much better than that!" He pulled out his wand and looked up at you, his eyes full of love. He pointed the wand at his heart and he inhaled sharply making you gasp. He then pressed the tip of his wand to your ring and the emerald began to glow. You stared at it in disbelief. Did he hurt himself? Oh God!
               "What did you do?" You asked as concern laced your features. You would never forgive yourself if he had done something to hurt himself.
               "Don't worry, baby! All I did was enchant it. The ring on your finger is connected to my heart in one very specific way! As long as I feel love for you the ring will glow! And trust me when I say that it will never stop glowing!" That was better than you expected.
               A fresh set of tears began to pour down your face as you stared down at the glowing ring on your finger. Magic never lied. He had done more than regain your trust. He had proved it with an undeniable spell. You sobbed as you held his hands tightly.
               "(Y/N)! Baby! My love! Angel! I promise that our love will last an eternity! I'm so sorry that I even thought about being with another girl! That was the-"
               "Just shut up and kiss me, Diggory!" You interrupted, making him smile. He pulled himself to his feet smiling like a fool and pressed his lips to yours.
               His hand wound itself into your hair as he pushed the back of your head gently, holding you in the kiss. Your arms wrapped around his torso just as rain began pouring from the sky. You sprang apart and looked up. The cold drops of water began to soak you but all you could do was laugh as Cedric pulled you back into his embrace.
               "Have you ever wanted to be kissed in the pouring rain?" He asked as he looked up at the sky then back down at you. Smiling, you kissed him again and again, not caring how wet or how cold or even how much trouble you got in. As long as you had Cedric, nothing else mattered.