Mermaids! Babe! That's it! Mermaids!

"Baby girl? Oh My God! My love, are you alright? Did I hurt you?" Cedric asked worriedly as he offered you his hand. You took it gratefully and allowed him to haul you to your feet and pull you into his arms.
               "Yeah, I'm alright. What are you doing here? And with that egg?" You asked as you stared at the golden egg Cedric was cradling in his arms protectively.
               "I figured it out! I have to open the egg underwater to understand the clue!" He replied excitedly as took your hand and began to lead you up to the fifth floor. You followed your fiancé up the stairs and down the dark corridors until he came to an abrupt stop in front of the prefects bathroom. You stared at the door in confusion.
               "What are we doing here?" You asked as Cedric pushed open the door to the bathroom and shut it again behind you.
              "We're going to figure out this clue! Now, my love, do you fancy a bath?" Cedric asked as he hurried to turn on the water. Steam rose from the large tub as water began to fill the bath. You stared at him in horror as he shrugged off his robes.
               "Ced...Um...I...I don't think we should be...Um...We shouldn't be doing this!" You stuttered out as he moved to dig some towels out of the linen closet. He set down the white bath towels and wrapped his arms around you, caressing your cheek gently.
               "Baby girl, is this your way of telling me that you don't want to get naked in front of me?" Cedric asked playfully as he rested his forehead on yours.
               "I...Um...Ced...I...Yeah...I guess that's what I meant to say..." You replied shamefully as you averted your eyes and turned away. He laughed as he kissed your nose.
               "Sweetheart! I would never expect that of you! We're not even married yet! I was just thinking that we would keep our underwear on..." Cedric replied quietly as a bright red blush rose to his handsome face. You smiled weakly but bit your lip nervously.
               "I...Um...I don't know...I..." You stuttered out as you let your fiancé hold you tightly. You leaned into him as he stroked your (H/C) hair gently.
               "That's okay! If you feel comfortable you don't have to get in," Cedric replied as pulled back and brushed your long hair out of your (E/C) eyes.
               "I...I want to help...but...I...I don't know!" You cried as you raked your hands through your hair in frustration, making Cedric sigh with sadness.
               "Hey! It's okay! I know it's a lot! I know I'm asking a lot of you! I know this is kind of new for us so we'll take it slow, okay?" Cedric asked as he grasped your face in his  strong hands.
                "Okay..." You whispered quietly as Cedric nodded slowly. He moved your hands to his shirt as he let you unfasten the buttons of his shirt. You inhaled sharply as he pushed the thin fabric off his back to reveal his bare chest. You ran your hand his stomach making him shiver. You chewed your lip nervously as your hands slipped down to his belt. He nodded again and allowed you to unhook his belt buckle as he sat down on the side of the bathtub and quickly pulled off his khakis. You smiled weakly as he looked up at you unsurely making you sigh.
               "What do you want to do, baby? Do you want me to do it or do you want to do it?" He asked as he stood up again and moved to stand in front of you.
               "Just my top, Ced," You replied quietly as Cedric nodded. His long fingers moved quickly as they pushed the buttons through the holes of the fabric and slowly slipped your white shirt off your shoulders, throwing it to the side. You fingered the waistband of your skirt nervously, your hands shaking as Cedric caressed your cheek reassuringly.
               "It's just me, baby! It's just me! I love you! Don't be scared!" He whispered as you nodded and quickly pulled off your black skirt. For a minute, Cedric was silent, as all he could do was stare at you with his mouth hanging agape, making you blush.
               "Oh My God! You're so beautiful! I've never seen someone more gorgeous!" Your fiancé swooned as he helped you into the steaming bath. You smiled shyly as he slipped into the tub next to you, sending droplets of water flying everywhere.
               He smiled as he pulled you into his arms and onto his lap. You laughed as you leaned into kiss him only to be met with a spray of water droplets. He smirked as you caressed his cheek gently.
               "See? I told you! This isn't so bad! Is it, my angel?Now kiss me!" Cedric demanded playfully as he leaned in to kiss you gently. You laughed lightly and moved your lips to touch his just as a shrill voice broke your peaceful silence, startling you.
               "Cedric?! Is that you?! Oh My God! Who is that hideous girl?!" The voice cried as you looked you abruptly, to find a young girl, who appeared to be a ghost, pointing an accusing finger at you. Cedric sighed as he pulled away and wrapped his arms around you more tightly.
               "Hello Myrtle! I thought I'd stop by to have a quick bath and figure out my next clue but I would appreciate it if you didn't call my fiancé hideous!" Cedric bellowed making Myrtle scowl.
               "What?! Cedric?! You're engaged?! But I thought that we had something?! You used to visit me every week until the middle of your fourth year! What happened?!" Myrtle wailed making you frown deeply as you glanced over at your fiancé in confusion .
                "Myrtle! You're a ghost! We never had anything! And besides, I didn't come to visit you, I came to visit the Grindylow I was rehabilitating in the bath!"
               "Stop lying, Cedric! You would come and talk to me every week!" Myrtle cried as you pulled out of your fiancé's arms to get a better look at his expression.
               "Please Myrtle! We never had anything! I didn't want to be rude but I was really only there to see my Grindylow! I just figured you needed a bit of company so I tried to talk to you every once in a while but we never would've dated!"
               "Is that why you stopped coming? Because you got rid of that Grindylow in your second year but you kept coming until midway through your fourth!"
               "Because I felt bad that you were always alone! And I stopped coming because I found the love of my life in my fourth year!" Cedric replied exasperatedly.
               "Her? This was the best you could do? But you're so handsome! And she's so hideous! I can't believe that you chose her over me!" The ghost wailed loudly.
               "Myrtle! You're upsetting my girl! I think you should go!" Cedric shouted as the ghost disappeared sobbing. Your fiancé turned to you and shook his head, sadly.
               "Do I even want to know?" You asked as Cedric shook his head and grabbed the egg from the side of the tub. He inhaled sharply as you set a hand on his back. He nodded carefully before he submerged the egg carefully under the bubbles.
               He pried open the golden shell as he took a deep breath and disappeared underwater. You echoed his movement as the egg began to sing.
"Come seek us where our voices sound! We cannot sing above the ground! And while you're searching, ponder this; we've taken what you'll solely miss! An hour long you'll have to look and recover what we took! But past an hour - the Prospect's black - too late, it's gone, it won't come back!" The egg sang out melodically.
               You broke the surface, gasping for air, just as Cedric appeared next to you, shaking his wet curls out of his eyes. He glanced over at you and bit his lip.
               "Mermaids! Babe! That's it! Mermaids! There are Mermaids in the Black Lake! And I'm going to have to find something they took from me!" Cedric exclaimed as he climbed out of the tub to get a towel. You stumbled out of the bath after him as he wrapped a warm towel around your shoulder and began to rub you dry. You sighed tiredly.
               "How are you going to breathe underwater for an hour?" You asked as you handed him a towel for himself. He sighed as he thought for a moment.
               "A Bubble-Head Charm! I'll have to use a Bubble-Head Charm! But what did the riddle mean when it said; we've taken what you'll solely miss? That doesn't make sense! That makes no sense!"
               "Why not?" You asked worriedly as your folded your robes into a pile and wrapped your towel around your body.
               "They can't take anything that'll be of much meaning to me! You're my real treasure! At least they can't take you, my darling fiancé!" Cedric replied, relieved, as he slung an arm over your shoulder and began to lead you out of the bathroom.
               "After we get back to the dorm and I get some dry clothes on I'll have to go warn Potter! He helped me so I must return the favor! As for the treasure, what do you think it'll be, baby?"
               The question caught you off guard as you leaned into your fiancé's side and bit your lip. You sighed as you shook your head. "I have no idea, Ced...Not a clue..."