Time To Kick Some Gryffindor Ass!

Inhale. Exhale. Come on (Y/N)! Pull it together. Breathing isn't that hard. If Matt is smart enough to do it then so are you. You tried to joke your way out of the war inside your head. It was utterly impossible.
The game was in 2 hours and you were on the brink of having a nervous breakdown. Terence was perched on the edge of one of the leather couches, watching. His head turning every time you changed direction. All you could think about was Quidditch. The first game of the season was always the worst, because no one wanted to start out on the bottom. No one wanted to start the season by loosing.
"Hey (Y/N/N)! You're going to burn a hole in the floor if you don't take it easy!" Terence shouted. You stopped abruptly, startled out of your thoughts. His eyes met yours, sending you a warning look. You rolled you eyes. He got up and held your hands in his, startling you even more. You pulled away and he smirked. "Relax! You don't need to run off and tell Diggory I'm trying to steal his girl. I wouldn't want to be pummeled by a Hufflepuff! I just want you to take it easy. Drink some tea or something. I know you're anxious but you've got to chill out. We don't need an edgy captain. What can I do to get you to calm down?"
You sighed. You knew he was right. If you were on edge the entire team would be too. And that was the last thing you needed. Terence looked at you expectantly. You bit your lip, thinking. What could he do to help? Was that even remotely possible. You racked your brain until a light bulb lit up. "Get my boyfriend," you mumbled.
Terence's breath hitched. He started at you, at a loss for words. Your boyfriend was a Hufflepuff. There was no way in hell he could see you now. Terence sighed deeply, shaking his head. "(Y/N) he's a Hufflepuff. What do you want me to do? Barge into their common room and drag Diggory out with me? That'd look awful suspicious." You sighed to yourself. Cedric was always there to comfort you. He was always there to support you.
"I need to get some air. I'm going for a walk. And could you get me some tea? I'll be in the back courtyard. You know where that is right?" Terence nodded. He headed towards the kitchens in search of the tea you asked for. As soon as he was gone, you rushed out of the common room, towards the back courtyard. No one ever came back here. The plants were overgrown and the sun has trouble filtering through all the vines. You plopped down on the bench, trying to fight all the thoughts clouding your head. It was impossible.
You were so distracted with your game plan that you failed to notice when a paper rose landed in your lap. You glanced down at the parchment and smiled. You knew exactly who it was from. There was no doubt in your mind that it was from your boyfriend. You pulled out your wand, tapping the paper once. The flower bloomed into a note coated with Cedric's delicate scrawl. You grinned as you read it.
Hey Baby! I saw Higgs heading towards the kitchens. I'm going to guess he's going to get you something. I wish I could be there! But since I'm a Hufflepuff I can't so I figured this little love note is the best I'm able to do. I love you so much! Good luck! Don't stress out too much! Everything'll be fine! You'll do great! I'll see you tonight and I may or may not have a special surprise for you! Go kick those Gryffindor's sorry asses!
Just as you finished reading, Terence plopped down on the stone bench, next to you. He peered over you shoulder and smirked. You whirled around, shoving the parchment into your pocket. "God! Why are you so nosey!" He grinned from ear to ear.
"Well, baby, I'm not the one reading a secret message in a garden no one ever goes in, now am I? I'm not nosey. Any normal person would be curious. I saw your boyfriend on the way to the kitchens. As soon as he saw me, he took off running. I thought he was scared but now I know why. He wanted to make sure his princess was alright."
You scoffed as he handed you your tea. Images of your loving boyfriend flashed through your head. You were extremely nervous and all you wanted was Cedric. Terence was your best friend and you loved him. But he wasn't Cedric. Terence nudged you softly. He looked sympathetic.
"You want him don't you? You want him here. Your nervous and he's the only thing that's going to calm you down. I can tell." You sighed and nodded. Was it that obvious? Terence grinned. You glanced at him, nervously. What was he thinking? "Well it's a good thing I told him where to find you isn't it? I'll see you later. You have 5 minutes. And no more. Don't make me regret this."
It took you a minute to process what he said. It was until he'd left that you realized what he was talking about. You looked up and sure enough your boyfriend slip through the hidden entrance, silent and conspicuous. The moment his eyes landed on you, he was running towards you. He wrapped you in a tight embrace, lifting you off the ground.
You inhaled his scent. He smelled strongly of cinnamon and caramel. You smiled. He pulled back, just far enough to smash his lips into your own. "I don't have a lot of time. And neither do you. But I couldn't help myself. I had to see you. Baby girl, listen to me. You're beautiful. You're talented. You're unbelievably intelligent and if anyone is going to beat those Gryffindors it's you. But I want you to remember that no matter what happens today, I'll be proud of my girl. You're perfect in my eyes, weather you win or loose. Good luck. I know you'll do great. Now you have a Quidditch game to win. I love you."
With that he kissed you deeply. You stood on the tips of your toes wanting to sink into the moment as much as you could before it ended. He pulled back and gave you his award winning smile. He mouthed the words Love you lots. See you tonight. And then he took of running. You grinned and headed in the opposite direction. Toward the Quidditch Pitch. Toward the game. Toward the roar of the crowd. Time to kick some Gryffindor ass!