Don't Flirt With My Girlfriend!

The cold air bit your cheeks as Cedric pulled you out of the house in a rush. He offered you his hand and you took it gratefully. You laid your head on his shoulder as he led you down the dark street towards town. You began to shake with fear as he stopped you at an empty intersection and set down the trunks gently. He turned to you and grasped your face tightly in his freezing cold hands. You pressed your forehead to his in utter exhaustion. You didn't know how much more you could take.
               "If you're scared then you should no that I am too! I'm sorry we have to do this but I can't let you stat there! It's too dangerous and I won't put up with it! Cho stepped over the line and I can't stand by and pretend like everything's okay!" Cedric whispered as he stared deep into your (E/C) eyes with a look that told you he loved you more than anything. You were his everything. You shook your head and sighed heavily.
               "As long as I have you I find it hard to be too scared," You whispered as Cedric smiled. He bent down and kissed you lovingly. You grinned as you kissed him back. He gave you a reassuring wink before he raised his wand and closed his eyes. You stared at him in utter confusion as he lowered his wand back down. What was he doing?
               "I just summoned the Knight Bus," He clarified as he repositioned his hand in your own. You continued to stare at him in confusion making him laugh.
               "What the hell is a Knight Bus and why do we need one?" You asked as Cedric began to rub circles into your palm.
               "It's a bus that transport stranded underage wizards to wherever they need to go," Cedric replied as he looked over at you. Nodding, you shifted uneasily.
               You opened your mouth again but before words could come out a loud horn sounded and a triple decker blue bus appeared out of thin air. You staggered backwards as the vehicle came dangerously close to the curb. Cedric caught you in his arms before you fell. You smiled gratefully.
               Cedric wrapped a protective arm around your waist and held you to him as the doors to the bus opened and out stepped a young man not much older than you. He wore a purple conductor's uniform and began to read off of an index card.
               "Welcome to the Knight Bus, emergency transportation for the stranded witch or wizard. Just stick out your wand hand, step on board, and we can take you anywhere you want to go. My name is Stan Shunpike and I will be your conductor this eve-" Stan cut himself off as he looked up and his eyes landed on you. He smiled.
               Cedric cleared his throat, shaking Stan out of his daze, but his eyes never left you. He stepped forward and held his hand out for you to shake. You took it, not wanting to be rude, but instead of shaking it, he planted a soft kiss on each of your knuckles. You fought the urge to rip your hand away from him, trying to be as polite as possible.
               Your boyfriend instantly tensed as his arm wrapped itself tighter around your waist. You prayed he would control his jealousy and his overprotective instinct. You smiled shyly at Stan as you retracted your hand. Stan smiled back and moved to collect both you and your boyfriend's trunks.
               Cedric offered you his own hand as he guided you onto the bus. You could practically feel his jealously radiating off of him. You boarded the bus only to find the spacious floors covered in four poster beds. You turned to your boyfriend confused but all he did was shrug. You sighed again.
               Stan followed you up the stairs after he place your trunks in the storage bin and sent you a wide grin. Cedric rolled his eyes as he led you to one of the empty beds and pulled out a black leather wallet. He opened it up and pulled out 22 sickles.
               "We're headed to Surry. The Leakey Cauldron to be more exact," Cedric told Stan bluntly as he dropped the coins into the boy's hand. Stan nodded and proceeded to the front of the dark bus.
                "Hear that Ern? To Surry! The Leakey Cauldron! Take it away!" Stan yelled as he doubled back and took a seat across from you making Cedric frown. The bus lurched forward at an amazingly fast speed, catching you off guard. You leaned into your boyfriend in trying to set his nerves at ease. It began to work until Stan began talking again.
               "So Beautiful? Tell me exactly why a gorgeous witch like yourself is stranded on a night like this with a guy like that!" Stan exclaimed as he gestured to Cedric and leaned in a bit closer. Cedric balled his hands into fists as he moved to stand up. You put a hand on his arm, keeping him next to you. He stayed completely still but you could feel his tension as he seethed.
               "My boyfriend and I are just on our way to visit my brothers and we'll be meeting them in Diagon Alley tomorrow morning," You replied as you emphasized the word boyfriend in another attempt to calm Cedric. But it appeared that Stan didn't catch that part. Stan stared at you, studying your features. You shifted uncomfortably.
               "Why do I feel like I've seen you before? But surely we couldn't have met because I would've remembered a face like that! And trust me I wouldn't have let you go," Stan smirked as he reached for your hand again. Cedric quickly moved to intertwine your fingers before Stan could even touch you. You bit your lip nervously as your boyfriend squeezed your palm.
               "I don't think we've met before and frankly I have no idea why you think that you would've seen me before," You stated calmly. Too many questions.
               "Say, what's your name?" Stan asked as he continued to stare at you while the bus bumped along the road. You looked at him unsurely as Cedric rubbed your hand. Should you lie to him?
               "(Y/N) Middlebrook," You replied as Stan's face lit up in recognition making you frown. Cedric scowled as Stan jumped to his feet in excitement.
               "Of course! Who doesn't know you! Your family was a direct descent of Merlin himself not to mention that your father worked as Cornelius Fudge's right-hand man! Until he got arrested that is!" Stan exclaimed as you winced at the memory. Cedric wrapped an arm around your shoulders as images of your mother's death flowed through your head, causing nightmares.
               The bus came to an abrupt halt, throwing you forward. Stan caught you in his arms as he ran a hand down your jawline, caressing your cheek. You scowled at Stan as Cedric stood up and ripped you out of the conductors arms. You had arrived at the Leakey Cauldron. Your boyfriend pushed you behind him, shielding you with his body. He was filled with pure rage.
               Cedric towered over Stan by several inches, making him look more intimidating than he really was. Your boyfriend's face, which was normally full of love and passion, was not cold. He sneered at Stan as the conductor shifted uncomfortably. You watched silently as Cedric began his usual threats, his voice dangerously calm.
               "Are you kidding me? What the hell was that? Don't flirt with my girlfriend! And if you dare lay another finger on my (Y/N) again, I can promise that you'll regret it for the rest of your miserable life! Now get lost you asshole!" Cedric seethed.
               "Excuse me? Your (Y/N)? This is (Y/N) Middlebrook we're talking about! You could only hope to tie down a girl with that much power and with that much ferocity! And who are you? Oh wait! I don't care! You're nothing but a  young boy who has no talent and there's nothing particularly special about you! Face it! You're just ordinary!" Stan shot back. That was it! For both of you!
               Cedric lunged forward as you quickly jumped in front of him. You set both your palms on his chest as his breathing became ragged. You held out an arm to stop Cedric from moving as you turned around to face Stan, your anger boiling.
               "You know what Stan? You're right! I do have a lot of power and a lot of ferocity! But you don't want to see what all that power and ferociousness can do when I decide that I want to physically tear you limb from limb! But here's where you're wrong! My boyfriend is the most extraordinary man on this planet and he may not be special to the ordinary eye but he's special to me! You on the other hand are working on a bus! You're a frickin' asshole and I don't give a damn about people like you! Now I suggest you keep your mouth shut and not make another move on me again or I won't be so nice! I have 5 brothers and an overprotective boyfriend who would be more than happy to take care of pests like you. But I don't need them! And you want to know why? Because I can kick your sorry little ass all the way to Hell and back if you pull a stunt like that again!" You sneered as you walked off the bus in a flurry of hatred and rage.
               Cedric glared at Stan as he passed, purposefully hitting his shoulder roughly against the conductor as he followed you out. This was the last time you would ever be taking the Knight Bus, that was for sure.