In that moment, I felt so bad for Louis. Seeing Brianna break down in front of me back in California and Louis sharing his feelings with me just made me so thankful that I was not in the same situation. 

I sighed. 

"I'm not going to say that I understand just to make you feel better, because I don't," I went on. "However, I have been through a lot with Owen since he's been born. And I can't tell you how to deal with the moments that you're not with him, but the moments that you do have him in your arms will make it so worth it."

Louis managed a small smile.

"I'm not entitled to give you relationship advice with Briana, but I can give you some parenting advice," I added. "Don't wait until the last minute to buy things like clothes or diapers, because if he comes early, you're fucking screwed."

My use of profanity urged a small laugh out of him. 

"And cherish every moment. He's only going to be that age once. Have you seen my son? He's grown so fast and I would give anything to go back to the moment I first saw him, no matter how stressful it was."

I put down the product and finished running my fingers through his hair. 

"Thanks Alyssa," Louis said, getting out of his chair. He gave me another hug. 

"No problem," I replied. "If you ever need anything, I'm sure Niall and I would be happy to help if you give us a ring."

He smiled. 

"I hope everything goes well," I finished and he went off to warm ups. 

Until this point, I had only seen Louis as a crazy-happy and comedic person. It felt so different seeing him be so honest with me. 

I cleaned up my area and went back to see Lottie and Owen. 

"How's my baby doing?" I said, kneeling down on the floor next to them.

"He's so good!" Lottie said. "How did you get so lucky?"

I laughed. I was very lucky.

"I'll watch the twins sometimes, and they're so chaotic. Owen just minds his own business," Lottie added, looking over as Owen became fascinated with the corner of the blanket.

I was very lucky.

There was some music in the background, and I couldn't tell who the artist or the song was, but I liked it. 

Lottie and I chatted and I fed Owen and changed his diaper, then I brought Owen back to the hotel room before the show was even halfway over. 

I could tell he was getting tired, and I was too. 

As I lay Owen down in the makeshift crib that night, I started to wonder if he knew he wasn't home, and that he was halfway across the world from everything he's known. 

I wondered if he knew the comfort of his nursery and didn't like where he was now.

Sometimes I could hear him make some noises in his sleep, something he didn't do at home too much. He wasn't sleeping as well as he normally was either. 

All I had to do was remind myself that in a month or so, this would all be over. This crazy traveling- we would only have to do it for vacations and leisure, not work. We could be on our own schedules. 

However, for Owen, home was wherever Niall and I were. He didn't know any difference. 

I did notice that he knew the difference between Niall's arms and anybody else's.

He always got a little fussy after being with Lou or Lottie for too long, but he never got that way with me or Niall.

I let Harry hold him for a few minutes while Niall was still in the room and he slowly became uncomfortable and would reach out towards Niall. 

The more I thought about it, the more I realized that Owen was just like me.

Niall was the only person that I wanted to be with. Spending too much time with anybody else would always wear me out or I would eventually get bored or restless. 

Just like Owen, I could recognize Niall's arms immediately, and there was no other place I wanted to be. Even when I was in a room with so many other people and so many different touches, I could sense Niall's.

Similar to all nights when we were on tour, I stayed up in bed waiting for Niall to come home, like he always did. 

He was dedicated in that way. 

A little past midnight, I heard the locks turning on the door, and his familiar voice outside. 

"Yes, of course," he said softly. I could tell he was on the phone. "Goodnight, Miss Torres. I mean- good morning, if I was in New York."

What?

He ended the call on his phone began to go through the drawers for his PJ's.

"Niall, why were you on the phone with my mom?" I asked, sitting up further against the pillows. 

Niall didn't say anything at first, he just turned around towards me and smiled. 

"What?" I whispered, starting to laugh. 

"I got her and Rob some plane tickets and hotel reservations so she could come and see the last show in Sheffield!" Niall said. 

I smiled.

"That means a lot to her," I said, getting out of bed to give him a hug. 

"Watch out- I haven't showered yet!" He said, sticking out a hand. 

"You think I care?" I asked, finishing the embrace. 

We then came apart, and I tried to make out his face in the darkness. 

"Now go shower!" I said, giggling. 

"Be right back!" He added, grabbing clothes and going into the bathroom, and I climbed back into bed. 

A/N

lol how did you guys know it was my birthday last week?? thanks for all the messages (:

hope you enjoy this chapter! thanks for all the comments, votes, and reads, and please keep them coming! It means a lot!

X