Chase sits there, not moving. He's eyes deeply locked into mine. His face is unreadable and him not saying anything makes me worried.

"The boys are calling me, I have to go." Chase says casually, before getting up of the table and withdrawing his hand from mine.

Well, that went great.

He was changing the subject. If he didn't want to be in a relationship with me, why didn't he just say so? It would save me from getting hurt...again.

~*~*~*~

I walk in my Legal Studies class. Students were already taking their seats. Mr Clive was preparing himself, organizing papers and such.

I sit at my table that I have been assigned last time. A male and female sitting opposite the table, but no one beside me, "Okay class, get out your books. You may already know that you're-" the teacher was cut short when the doors swung open in a distracting disturbance. All eyes were laid to the entrance. It was Chase.

Where was he? I thought to myself.

"Chase, you're late." He stated, which felt like for the billionth time this week.

"OK." was all he could say, attempting to hide the anger that was evident on his features. Something was bothering him, was it me? Was it Zach? Or was it himself?

During the lesson, Chase didn't even take one look nor glimpse at me. He acted like the time I had served him and his brother, Luke, at the restaurant. I suddenly felt regretful for suggestively pouring out my feelings right in front of him earlier, perhaps if I didn't, things would just be the way they were.

Goddamn it, Isabelle. Why do you have to screw everything up?

As the day went by, so did my thoughts. A lot of work kept me occupied and before I knew it, Lora and I are walking down the street to our dorms. The sun has gone down a bit earlier than we expected and the street lights aren't really helping. The flashing of the dimmed brightness in the avenue was a little hard to visualize.

My hands pushed themselves in my jacket, it was getting cold since it was near Christmas, "How's things with you and Tyler?" I say, attempting to start a conversation.

"Amazing!" she beams, "I honestly didn't think we'd last this long."

"I'm happy for you, Lor."

She gives me a heartfelt smile, "What about you and Chase? How are you guys doing?"

"Uh," I face down to the ground; uncomfortable with the topic, "We, uh, we're not doing anything at all anymore. I think we're over even though we were never together."

"Oh." a silence has began, "I'm sorry, Isabelle."

The cool breeze began to rapidly blow past against my cheeks, fanning my dark brown hair back over my shoulders. I began to shiver. The dorms were still ten minutes away, but seeing that the wind has increased, it feels like forever to walk past it.

"Shit, it's cold." Lora hisses under her breath, just then, we heard a horn beep. Both of us turning around, we see a familiar black vehicle.

"Hey, strangers." Tyler rolls down the tinted window and talks to us, Chase was in the passenger seat.

Lora smiles by the well-known voice she always hears, "Oh shut up, Tyler." she jokes, him shooting his hands up as surrender.

"I was going to ask if you girls would like a ride, but guess not."