CHAPTER 12 : Part 3

“Do you forgive me?” he said

I didn’t say anything I just went and hugged him. He kissed me on the cheek.

“I love you” he said

“I know” I replied

He dropped me back at the hostel. It was almost 4:50 now. I woke up around 8:45 and got ready for my first day at  the university. I got out of the hostel and walked to the university as it was very near to the hostel.

I reached there in 10 minutes. It was one of the amazing universities I have ever seen in life. I walked in through the gate. There was a group of boys flirting with any girl who walked pass them. I went to the reception I got my time table and locker keys. There was some time left for my first lecture to start. So I decided to take a tour of this university. I went at the back side. There was a huge ground for football. I saw the team practicing there. I got admission in this university because I was basketball player but I had no idea where the basketball court was. I had to meet the coach but I couldn’t find him either. The time was up I went to attend my first lecture.

 It was so different. The atmosphere. The people. Their culture all was so different for me. It only has been few weeks in New Jersey and I was already feeling home-sick I had no idea how I was going to spend the whole 4 years here.

I looked around the class. I saw groups of friends laughing and teasing each other and I was alone standing there.

“New here?” A tall brunette asked me.

“Yeah” I replied.

“Are you from England?’ she asked

“Yeah but how do you know that?” I was a bit shocked

“You’ve got British accent that’s why”

“Oh”

“My name is Veronica” she said and gave a smile.

“Hi my name is Alex”.

Soon the teacher entered and she started discussing about things. It was so hard for me to understand what she was saying. She had the typical American accent. It almost took me half an hour to understand her.

“Yes you at the back! You are in a class!” the teacher suddenly said

The whole looked at the back. A couple was sitting there holding hands.

“sorry” the boy said.

The teacher continued ignoring their presence. I could neither see the girl’s face nor do the boys face properly. I felt something. I shifted to the next seat to see their faces but what I saw there was totally shocking!. It was Andrea, but the boy. He was….was........JAKE!.