Tough Love

Matai: No.

Jessamine: Daaaaaaaad please.

Matai: No Jessamine.

Jessamine: But daaaaaad!

Matai: No.

Jessamine: Pleeeease?

Matai: No.

Jessamine: Pleeeeeassssse!

Matai: NO!!! AND THAT'S FINAL!!!

*Jessamine jumps at the volume of his voice before slowly getting up*

Jessamine: Fine....I'll go on my own.

*Jessamine starts heading out the door*

Matai: *sighs* Great. Now she's mad. Jessamine!

Jessamine: Leave me alone.

Matai: *gets up and goes after her* Jessamine Tifamoana Hiroshi, you get back here right now!

Jessamine: Go away.

Matai: I mean it girl!

Jessamine: Fuck off!

*After a while, Jessamine stops in her tracks when she realizes what she just said to her father. And because he caught up to her and spun her around*

Matai: *pushes Jessamine against the wall* ....what did you just say?

*Jessamine stayed silent and put her head down. Matai lifted her chin, making her look at him*

Matai: What...did...you...say?

Jessamine: .....*muttering and looking the side* Fuck off.

Matai: *nods* That's what I thought you said.

*Jessamine sucks her teeth and tries to walk past her father but he grabs her by her waist and throws her up and over his shoulder*

Jessamine: *shrieks and pounds on his back* DADDY!!! Put me down!

Matai: .....

*Matai carries Jessamine to his room, slings her on the bed and goes to close the door. Jessamine quickly sits upright and looks at her father in fear as she sees the growing anger on his face*

Matai: *walks up to Jessamine* Now look here little girl, *puts finger in her face* I don't know who the hell you think you're talking to but I'm gonna let you know right now I don't play that shit. I'M the one who saved you from being in part of Richie little trade and clean your damn bandages so you would be comfortable! But noooooo! You wanna be fucking disrespectful to me! And you know, if you weren't my daughter, I'd throw your narrow ass back on the street. Or maybe give you right back to Richie and let him whore you out until you have AIDS or HIV or the same body count as your mother I don't care! But I'll be DAMNED *pushes her head back* if I'm gonna let you talk to me any type of way. So, if you wanna go back on those streets and get kidnapped or raped or beat to a pulp, *goes and opens door* go on out.

*Jessamine looks at her father in disbelief before crying in a fetal position. Matai closes the door and walks back to her*

Matai: Now if I'M trying to keep you here, there's obviously something I'm trying to protect you from.

Jessamine: *sobbing* T-T-T-Then you can t-t-take me back y-y-yourself. But Daddy pl-pl-please, *looks at him* I h-have to go back there. Please.

*Matai looks at his daughter and sees that this is something she really needs to do. He then sighs and takes out his phone*