Pay-back

*At the hospital*

Dean: ROMAN!!!!!!

*Dean comes running in through the double doors down the hallway and stops between Dr. Smith and Roman.*

Dean: *pants* Wh-wher-where is sh-sh....

Roman: *puts his hands on Dean's shoulders* Whoa! Calm down Dean!!! Take a deep breath and talk later.

Dean: *Breathes heavily* I'm fi-fine. I'm okay. Where is she?

Roman: *points forward* She in there. She's got a mild concussion but she's fine.

Dean: But what about her ribs?

Dr. Smith: They're fine. A little bruised, but nothing critical.

Dean: Oh thank God.

Dr. Smith: I need to go report this to the police but I'll be back momentarily. In the meanwhile, you can go sit with her until I get back.

*The doctor walks over to the nurse's station while Dean zooms into the room with Roman following him.*

Dean: JESSA-

Roman: *puts his hand over Dean's mouth* SHHHHHHH! She's asleep Dean.

*Dean looks down at Jessamine and sees her curled up in a ball, her hair hiding her eyes and her lips slightly moving as if she's talking to someone.*

Dean: *sighs* Thank God she's alright.

Roman: Hey Dean?

Dean: *looks at him* What?

Roman: Why did you pick her up? I mean, you see a lot of runaways on the street, so why did you pick her?

Dean: *frowns* What are you saying? That you don't want her here?

Roman: *Raises hands in defense* No no no. It's not that at all. It's just...take when we were in the S.H.I.E.L.D for example. There was this kid literally laying in the alleyway and asked us for money and you just...

Dean: Walked by? That kid was wearing Air Jordan 11s Retro. Those are around $100. If he was really a poor runaway...

Roman: He would have sold the shoes. You said that but he would just be barefoot. He wouldn't just...

Dean: Cheap shoes. If he was really poor he would buy some cheap shoes. He was just a scammer.

Roman: Oh. B-but still. She could have been one to.

Dean: *shakes his head* No. Impossible.

Roman: Impossible? How?

Dean: It's just...her eyes. My...god her eyes. She looked so terrified when those guys caught her. She looked at me with so much fear and helplessness that I felt like she was going to fucking die if I didn't help her. Then when I actually offered to let her stay with me, she fucking flipped on me! She didn't even want to be alone with me when I actually convinced her to come with me. And also *walks to her bedside* there's just...something about her. After hearing about the situation at her home, I know I had to do something.

Roman: *walks beside him* Yeah. this is a sweet kid. I still can't that that bastard just attacked her like this. Oh, that reminds me. Renee stopped me in the garage tonight.

Dean: *looks over at him and growls* What the hell did that bitch have to say?

Roman: *stretching his eyes in mock horror* 'Oh no. No no no. I didn't mean for THAT to happen!!!' *blows a raspberry* I think she was just trying to playing the nice guy.