Mystery Solved

49 minutes later

Slam

*Roman slams the car door shut and runs to the house and gets stopped by police*

Policeman: Sir. We can't let you...

Stacy: Let him go Charles. This is his brother's house.

*Officer Charles looks back at the Sheriff and nods. Roman walks past the Officer and runs to the house*

Stacy: Hey!

Roman: *looks back at Sheriff* What?

*Roman gets a good look at her. Her face is bruised purple, her bottom lip is split in half, sewn back together by stitches, her hair is long but uneven, and her neck is bandaged up all around. Still, above all that, she looks beautiful *

Roman: *cringes* Yes?

Stacy: Do....hmmm...do you know me?

Roman: *looks her up and down* Ummm...no. Why?

*Stacy slowly shakes her head*

Stacy: N-No reason. *clears throat and walks with Roman in the house* We arrived here about twelve minutes ago and we searched this whole place. Top to bottom. Attic to basement and we saw nothing. But....then we started looking in another way.

*Stacy leads Roman to the basement. Inside, there are several boxes and scraps of paper coating the floor. In the corners, there are hooks holding several coats and jackets*

Roman: *looks around* ....What? Is something supposed to be down here?

Stacy: *scratches her head* All upstairs is clean. Every mattress is drenched in bleach, all the sheets are gone, even the bathrooms have been scrubbed clean.

Roman: But...but how?

Stacy: *shrugs* I guess they move fast. But, *walks to the dark corner* they forgot to clean this.

*Sheriff Stacy pulls a UV flashlight out and shines it in the corner which lights up instantly. The corner is covered in light blue splotches and big, black footprints*

Stacy: *points* All that...is blood.

Roman: BLOOD?!?!?! *looks around the corner* W-Was there someone he...

Stacy: A woman. She said her name is Ren....

*Roman grabs the Sheriff's shoulders and starts shaking her*

Roman: WHERE IS SHE?!?!?!

Stacy: *grabs his arms* Calm down sir! Please!

Roman: *let's her go and puts his hands up* I'm sorry! I'm...I'm sorry. Where is she?

Stacy: *motions upstairs* Kitchen. She seemed pretty out of it.

*Roman thanks the Sheriff before running up the stairs. He runs to the kitchen is immediately stopped by more policemen*