I see her body relax slightly.

"I even told you to get with him." I chuckle.

"It's not like that, it was still wrong. I don't know why I continued, I still have that feeling... I still root for you guys."

"No Blair, you're fine honestly. I appreciate your concern, but I don't have any feelings for him. He's not mine, I am not his." I chuckle.

"Thankyou Ariana, but I do genuinely mean what I say. I hated seeing you run out so fast,"

"I just didn't want to see you guys fuck did I. You guys need privacy." I chuckle.

She playfully rolls her eyes.

"Look I didn't mean for you to see. It wasn't a secret or anything, I would have told you, but it was unfair for you to have to see. I thought you were going to be out for a while. We weren't going to have sex anyway."

I chuckle.

"It's fine Blair."

"Look Ari, I know this is weird and the last thing you want to hear right now." She says slowly.

I look at her as I sit down on my bed.

"What?"

"I think there's more to what you claim there is to be."

My eyebrows narrow.

"What do you mean Blair?"

"You say there's nothing going on but I think he genuinely seems to like you." She says.

I laugh.

"Blair I don't know what your on but that's just not it. You even know the type of guy he is! Please don't feel sorry for me, I genuinely don't care."

"No Ariana, I'm serious. And yeah I know the type of guy he is so I'm not saying it's not a surprise either, I find it genuinely warming that he's got a little soft spot for you." She chuckles.

I roll my eyes.

"And you got this from kissing him?" I chuckle.

"When he came over here, all he asked was for you—"

"That's it?" I laugh.

"Listen to me Ariana. He was here for a while, constantly occupied with his thoughts and not even speaking to me. It was only until he had his attention fall to his phone he began to act weird. This was when it was getting close to the time you were back." She continues. "And then before you know it, he was kissing me."

"Oh come on Blair, really? That means nothing." I say. "He got bored with waiting, he's horny, he wanted to fuck you."

"Ari, then wait until you hear this. As soon as you left, he pushed me off so fucking quick and said he had to go. Now how do you justify that?" She says.

I chew on my bottom lip a little startled from the new information.

"But that doesn't mean anything," I mumble.

"Ari! See! Even you can't. He was obviously just using me to make you jealous and shit." She smirks. "It's obvious now. I fuck around myself. I know this shit. I don't go around romanticising this kind of thing ok, I wouldn't be telling you if I didn't think so."

I look at her.

"I don't know what to believe right now." I stutter.

"Why Ari." She moans.

"It's not you, it's just him. I'm sure he wouldn't do all that just to get at someone like me." I chuckle slightly. "You're hot as hell, I am sure he just genuinely wanted it."

She rolls her eyes.

"And you're not? You're unreal Ari. And I honestly think he would. I really do think he has a soft spot for you. I'm not justifying or trying to romanticise his behaviour now or in the past, but it's kind of nice to see someone like that be so drawn to someone that it even surprises them." She says.

I smile.

"I don't know, we'll see. But thank you anyway."

She smiles.

"I'm glad we're ok. I feel so much better now." She says, blowing out a sigh of relief and falling back onto the bed.

I chuckle.

"We were always good." I smile. "I still can't believe he just treated you like that after."

"Nah it's fine." She chuckles. "I don't care, it was kind of a laugh anyway."

"He's still an asshole." I chuckle. "I'm going to nap for a bit, I'm exhausted."

She nods.

My mind couldn't help but swirl into chaos over this new information. Why did I react the way I did today? Was he genuinely just trying to make me jealous?

As I closed my eyes, I couldn't help myself reevaluate my own emotions, my own reaction to that kiss. Even if we genuinely did like each other — which was impossible — it could never work.

I couldn't fall in love with someone like him.

I couldn't love him because loving him was like accepting defeat.