Chapter 63

Jeesu was frantic running in the woods not minding if he gets lost, he kept shouting for Taeyon’s name but he wasn’t getting any response. He stopped and panted, wiping the sweat that had trickled on the side of his face.

“Taeyon…where are you?”  He murmured looking from his left to right; he realized that he was indeed lost and couldn’t find his way back to the cottage, after resting for a few minutes he continued to walk around. Even though he was human already, he can sense that the atmosphere around became calmer and peaceful than the first time they have arrived in the island. Cavus had done a very good job sucking all the demons around the island, now it’s quite a place every creature could enjoy living in. As Jeesu strolled he noticed that small animals kept on passing by him and all of them seemed to head in one direction, he got curious and followed a family of raccoons that ran passed him, as he got closer to what seems to be the meeting place, he saw an enormous ball of light in the middle of a clearing.

“Oh no…not the light!” Jeesu panicked thinking that inside that ball of light Taeyon might be there all ready to depart. He didn’t think twice running towards it hoping that he is not too late.

Meanwhile in the middle of an angel’s ritual to bless Taeyon as a full pledge guardian angel, Anaysa the angel that is in charge of the ritual had given Taeyon’s wings strength and power making them grow larger and more magnificent than ever. She had given her also a crucifix necklace that could turn into any weapon that Taeyon would want to mold into, it was something that is given to all guardian angels so that they could protect their human companion. Taeyon was kneeling in front of Anaysa, ready to have her final blessing which is a touch to her forehead so that she will have wisdom and knowledge about her human companion. Anaysa was about to reach for Taeyon’s forehead when suddenly a person entered the sacred ritual stumbling on Taeyon and both of them lay flat on the ground.

“OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?” Anaysa was startled terribly that her eyes widened in fear to whoever interrupted the ceremony, she kept her composure realizing that it was only a human.

“J-Jeesu? What the—why are you here?” Taeyon took more than two glances to recognize the figure who had stumbled on top of her; she had to admit Jeesu was not that recognizable to her without his furry ears.

Jeesu who was glad to see Taeyon immediately hugged her tight, “Taeyon please don’t leave! Don’t follow the light! I-I mean don’t go to heaven yet! Please? I need you here, don’t leave me!” Jeesu was on his knees begging; Taeyon gave him an apologetic smile and gripped his shoulder. She glanced at Anaysa who gave her a nod, a signal to explain everything to Jeesu before the final blessing is given.

“Jeesu, I’m not going back to heaven…” she said and Jeesu’s face brightened up, “But…”

Jeesu’s features changed immediately when he heard her say that, “But? But what?” he asked as a tear escaped his eye.

“I wouldn’t be able to be with you anymore because I have someone else to guard now, you can’t see me anymore I am no longer visible once I receive my final blessing. The only one who could see me would be my human companion and probably other nonhuman creatures and I can’t leave him or her…once we meet I can never abandon my human, do you understand Jeesu? I am glad that you have helped me in my missions here on earth, you are a true friend Jeesu and—“

“But I love you Taeyon! And I know you love me too!” Jeesu interrupted her, Taeyon was the one crying now of his sudden confession. She knows he is right, she did loved Jeesu but her service to God was more important, she cannot disobey.