Chapter 47

~Increasing deaths have occurred since the demons crossed over to earth, the Ferus clan had been hunting them and five had already sacrificed their lives resulting to only one demon killed. The king of course was saddened by this news and was even eager to let Taemin and Zephyrine venture and do what they must do, Mir couldn’t wait any longer either. The three were packing when they heard Onew screaming like he needed everyone’s attention, Zephyrine rushed to him and Taemin did the same, Mir who wanted to know what the commotion was all about followed too.

When they found Onew, the king was already by his side trying to calm him down; Onew was trying to keep himself from crying as he was trying to explain something to his father, when the king heard what he said his expression turned even sadder, he couldn’t handle it and left Onew there as he retired to his room.

“Hyung what happened?” Taemin asked as he put an arm on his brother’s shoulder.

“Joghyun…” Onew said with a sad tone in his voice and as tears began trickling down his cheeks, “We’ve got to help Jonghyun; he’s outside the castle gates drenched with blood! Minjie’s blood! I’m afraid she’s dead…”

Zephyrine tried hard not to cry as well, Mir only looked down at the cold floor.

“She can’t be dead…” an eager voice behind them said, they turned around and saw Amber with fear in her eyes, she had heard Onew’s sudden outburst and hoped it wasn’t true. Onew only looked away from her because he knew he couldn’t give her the answer that she wants.

“No…No!” Amber protested and ran towards the castle gates with Key trailing behind her, she saw Jonghyun kneeling as he carried Minjie’s body in his arms. Looking at his mate’s dead body and never leaving his gaze from her, he doesn’t even dare to blink.

“Jonghyun!” Amber yelled out to her best friend, but she only received a cold stare from Jonghyun, something he had never done before. His eyes were crimson red and she couldn’t tell the number of bleak emotions he had in his eyes.

“Let him be for awhile, he is not through mourning yet. Her death hasn’t sunk in; it wouldn’t be safe for you to go near him when he is in that state…” Key stopped Amber from going any further, she wanted to go to Jonghyun so bad, she wanted to comfort him but it looks like Jonghyun doesn’t want to.

The rest didn’t have to go near him as well because from afar they could tell Jonghyun’s misery, they felt pity but Jonghyun was feeling something worst. Everyone had gathered in the great hall as Taemin, Zephyrine and Mir prepared to depart, they had said their goodbyes and good lucks as the three continued their way out of the castle. Zephyrine requested Onew to say their condolences to Jonghyun when the time is right before they left.

Meanwhile, Key and Amber were resting in their room. Key had been trying hard to make Amber smile but the worry in her eyes wouldn’t just leave, they were lying on the bed facing each other, Key’s eyes were looking at hers as he kept playing with her hair and even though Amber’s hands are around Key’s waist, her gaze is somehow far.

“Amber…” Key said with a soothing voice.

“Mmm?” Amber replied finally looking at him.

“I want us to get married…very soon, like…this week!”

“What?”

“I know it’s too early but—“

Key didn’t finish his sentence when Amber suddenly kissed his lips, “Shut up Key, and just rest that head of yours” she said and closed her eyes, Key only smiled and snuggled his nose on her neck and embraced her tight.