Chapter 40

~Key charged towards the roof, slamming his palms and griping what he can to get up there, the sudden noise he made startled Jonghyun and Amber, he stopped tickling her when Key’s figure can be seen fully, Jonghyun stopped but not because he was guilty about what they are doing, he was more of surprised and confused.

Amber gulped knowing that Key could have misunderstood what he had seen, but she thought she shouldn’t have done that because it was a sign she did something wrong, well for Key it was. Their eyes met and she couldn’t pull away as if Key won’t let her, because he needs to see it in her eyes, he needs to know if ever she’s going to lie.

“K-Key? Why are you here?” Jonghyun broke the silence, a hint of innocence in his voice.

“Shouldn’t I be asking that question? What are you doing with my mate?” Key asked coldly shooting daggers at his brother.

“Hey don’t get that wrong we were just having fun and bonding…”Jonghyun scratched the back of his head yet Key ignored him and went straight to Amber. He grabbed her wrist and pulled her roughly making the poor girl winced.

“K-Key ah…it hurts! Let go!” Amber complained and Key only gave her a glare.

“We are going home. Now!” Key emphasized but before he could take another step, Jonghyun teleported in front of him.

“Key, don’t hurt Amber, and don’t get angry over a small thing! What the hell are you thinking man?” Jonghyun stopped him concerned of what Key might do to Amber.

“The thing is Jonghyun, you shouldn’t be flirting with her, and you can’t just come here without informing me!”

“Hey dude nothing happened!” Jonghyun raised his hands surrendering but Key just gave him a smug look.

“Fuck off Jonghyun!” Key simply said and walked out as he drag Amber with him, he definitely knew now how it felt like when Taemin saw him kissing Zephyrine, it seems that karma was fast to take revenge.

“Amber…” Jonghyun said, he doesn’t have authority over Key and he couldn’t just take away Amber that easily either, he didn’t have a say into this at all.

“It’s okay Jong, I’ll take good care of this…” Amber gave him an assuring smile yet she wasn’t sure herself if she’d be alright, she looked back at him and waved goodbye as Key and her headed home.

Reaching their humble house, Key pulled Amber to the bedroom and pushed her against the wall, trapping her as his hands were slammed to her sides. She can see Key’s furious face very well, it’s been days since they haven’t met and now she faces the pissed off look that Key’s wearing. She shivered in fear as Key’s eyes changed in color, she could tell she’s in trouble in no time.

“How long has he been here?” Key asked sternly looking deep into her eyes.

“Just this m-morning…” Amber trembled and her eyes did the same.

“Liar! I can tell you’re lying Amber! You better spill the truth!” Key threatened and Amber gulped.

“He’s been here since last night but I only found out this morning okay? Why are you so angry? We didn’t do anything Key!” Amber defended herself but her attempts were in vain.

“I don’t get you, you sent me away because you wanted to be alone for awhile and now I find you here with my brother, you two were tickling each other and you are quite enjoying it! Tell me Amber why shouldn’t I be jealous huh? You made it clear that Jonghyun can comfort you more than I can! That he’s better off being your boyfriend! You never laughed like that with me and when I saw you chuckle and giggle with him…that was just—“