Chapter 42

~The hard pouring rain stopped but the dripping water on Myungsoo and Yoomin’s clothes didn’t, they were soaked despite the umbrella protected their heads, Myungsoo grabbed Yoomin’s hand towards the bus stop but the girl tugged the sleeve of his shirt.

“Oppa…I don’t want to go home yet, it’s still early…” she said with her green eyes glistening, it took awhile for Myungsoo to reply as he stared into those mysterious orbs.

“B-but we are soaking wet! You need to go home or you’ll be sick like your sister!” Myungsoo replied and Yoomin pouted.

“I don’t wanna! She whined like a little kid, her tone of voice annoyed him that made him release a heavy sigh.

“Fine!” he managed to shout in annoyance and his voice startled Yoomin, making her flinch. She thought that Myungsoo was angry at her and this made her eyes watery, the poor kid tried to hold her tears and Myungsoo immediately felt nervous seeing her doing this.

“I’m sorry okay? I didn’t mean to yell, j-just—“

His phone rang and he had to answer it because it’s his manager, it seems that Myungsoo has to go back to his apartment to meet up with him. He had one problem though…Yoomin.

“Hey, I have to go back to my apartment because I have some business to take care of…since you don’t want to come home yet then why don’t you come with me?” Myungsoo offered and Yoomin’s face brightened up with a smile.

Reaching his apartment, Myungsoo was surprised to see his manager already making himself at home on the couch, Mr. Jun coughed seeing his money maker opened the door and not alone, seeing Myungsoo bring a girl in the apartment besides Zephyrine made him curious.

“It’s really bad leaving you a spare key for my apartment Mr. Jun, if anything is missing here I’ll blame you!” Myungsoo joked as he placed the wet umbrella in a basket near the door with Yoomin trailing behind him.

“YAH! Don’t talk to me that way; you know pretty well that the spare key is for your safety as well!” Mr. Jun spoke seriously yet Myungsoo smirked at him.

“Safe? Uhuh, my fridge is not safe when you’re around! You have to pay me back that bottle of milk you just drank!” Myungsoo spotted the bottle that his manager had been trying to hide from his back since he arrived.

“Damn this kid has sharp senses!” Mr. Jun thought and raised his hands surrendering.

Myungsoo went inside Zephyrine’s old room and got some clothes for Yoomin, fortunately Zephyrine didn’t take all her clothes out of the apartment, but then her belongings are the ones that still stir the emotion inside Myungsoo.

“Yah Yoomin! Catch!” Myungsoo said throwing the clothes to Yoomin which she caught with both her arms, she stared at them confused, “Go take a shower, I don’t want your sister yelling at me for making you sick, me and Mr. Jun just have to talk okay? Bathroom is on the right corner, go help yourself” he said and Yoomin saluted him like his the big boss. When Yoomin was gone a grin crept on Mr. Jun’s face that made Myungsoo uneasy.

“I didn’t know you like high school girls now you little pedophile!” Mr. Jun nudged Myungsoo’s arm as he wriggled his eyebrows.

“What the hell? She’s a sister of a friend okay? I just fetched her for a favor” Myungsoo grunted in reply thinking how silly and green minded his manager is.