Chapter 22: Close Encounters

Key’s story:

I can’t believe I agreed to this…but I hope Amber wont! The four of us are seated in the coffee shop and we are waiting for Amber’s shift to be over so that we could tell her about the plan, I really don’t like this. Facing demons? Hell no! But I have to, but I cannot let Amber sacrifice herself either! 

“Yo! What brings you here guys? K-Key? Hey why aren’t you in your uniform huh? Lazy bum!” she arrived and pinched my cheek, I stood up and hugged her tightly…like it’s the last thing I’d do.

“Whoah…what’s with the hug?” she asked as she embraced me as well, I’ll never forgive myself I anything happens to you…

“Aww…group hug!” Jonghyun stood up and hugged Amber’s back, oh great! Stupid Jonghyun ruining our moment!

“YAH! Stop it you two, your crushing me!” Amber complained and managed to get out of our embrace, Yunho made everyone sit down and the atmosphere began to go down, Amber was the only one not feeling the grim mood.

Yunho started to talk about our plan for tomorrow night and began explaining to Amber what her part is going to be, to my surprise she didn’t show any sign of resistance and disagreement, she nodded her head to everything that Yunho said, I just realized that when it came to this she was much more confident than I was…I was afraid, but she’s not, she’s more than eager to help, she’s much more determined than I am.

She must have noticed my uneasy expression that she gripped my hand tight and smiled at me, signaling that she’s okay with the whole thing and I shouldn’t worry…I wish I could, but there is this stirring fear inside of me that just won’t go away.

After Yunho explained everything to us I grabbed Amber’s hand and dragged her to the backdoor of the coffee shop.

“Do you really want to do this?” I asked my hands on her shoulders.

“Of course! It’s for my cousin too Key…I can’t let her be a hostage all her life!” she quickly replied and I was taken aback by her confidence.

“But…these are demons! It’s not too late to back out; I could try hard and find another girl to be our bait! If I lose you I cannot bear that pain Amber!”

“Then try hard not to lose me…I’ll be trying my best for this to work Key and I hope you won’t lose your faith with your cousins either…it will be fine…just trust them…trust me! We can do this!”

Her gentle smile didn’t show any doubt unlike mine, tomorrow night will be a hard night for all of us…but like Amber said, it will be fine…it will be fine…just take a leap of faith…

“Umphf!” I heard her muffled her words as I kissed her lips, slowly…gently…then passionately. I pulled her neck closer to deepen our kiss; she didn’t resist and began kissing me back, adrenaline rush came over me as I tasted her sweet lips and the contact of our bodies as she wrapped her hands around me. I didn’t hold back inserting my tongue into hers as we explored each other. Honestly this kiss made me more nervous for tomorrow, but then if we don’t make it, I won’t be able to kiss her like this again and I don’t want that to happen…I must do what I can to protect her.

“Uh jeez get a room you two!” Someone opened the backdoor, it was one of our coworker who decided to get a bit of fresh air but found us kissing instead.