Chapter 41

~It’s a sunny noon in the forest and the bright sun illuminated the beauty of nature, Kwangmin and Taeyon went to the river to fetch some water while Youngmin and Jeesu went hunting. Kwangmin stretched his arms as he admired the beauty around him, Taeyon got her bucket and dipped it in the water, the splashing sound made Kwangmin look at her.

“Noona if you’re having a hard time carrying your bucket let me know okay? I’ll handle it!” said Kwangmin who was having problems carrying his own.

“No thanks Kwangmin, I can handle it don’t worry!” Taeyon chuckled at the sight of him.

“I love this place, it never changes despite the pollution the cities produce, and fortunately this place doesn’t get tainted at all!”

“Hmm well time works differently in this forest, its magical…humans couldn’t just enter and build something.”

Kwangmin nodded in agreement, he looked at the end of the river and saw the waterfall, a smile crept on his face remembering something that happened a long time ago.

He and his twin were eight years of age and they were running around the river bank, the older creatures who are around kept on yelling at them for being annoying and too hyper, but that didn’t matter to them. All that mattered was that Kwangmin will have to run away fast from Youngmin who’s chasing him madly for eating his breakfast.

“OI! OI! Come back!” Youngmin shouted and his twin chuckled as Kwangmin gained a huge distance from his brother, the older twin was pissed off and decided to fly, something he wasn’t so experienced back then, since their full abilities bloom in their teens but Youngmin thought he knew better, better than his brother and his parents…but the boy was so wrong.

At first his flight was steady and he was smirking to himself, Kwangmin trembles a little seeing his brother hover above him and was inches away from grabbing him, but then Youngmin wobbled and his flight became very unsteady, bumping tree twigs everywhere until he screamed help as he splashed into the river.

His little head popped out from the water and he began gasp for breathe, the little squirrel boy don’t know how to swim and Kwangmin who bravely dived into the water lifted his brother so he wouldn’t drown…that’s when he realized he only knew how to float, but to swim? Unfortunately not, the two screamed for help like there was no tomorrow but the current swept them down the river.

“Kwangmin why the heck did you have to save me when you don’t know how to swim yourself!” Youngmin scolded his brother as he kept splashing the water.

“I could use a thank you!” Kwangmin glared at him.

“Hello I’m still drowning here duh!”

The two bickered until Youngmin began to sink, Kwangmin quickly reached for his hand as both of them sunk into the depths of the river, if they are going to die, they are going together, both of them thought of that.  They strong current swept them towards the waterfall and they said their prayers in their minds, as they felt they were falling they screamed and screamed seeing the pile of big rocks waiting for them underneath, that’s when they were suddenly caught by a pair of hands and when they looked at their savior, their faces twitched in fear seeing the furious face of their father.

“I should have drowned!” Youngmin groaned in pain, “Yeah me too…” agreed Kwangmin, both are rubbing their aching butts from their father’s spanking, the very next day they tried learning how to swim on that river, never again they will drown and get spanked.