Chapter 56

~ “Relax…just breathe in and breathe out…” Key told himself as he fixed his bowtie for the nth time, his well ironed suit made him more handsome than ever, he mentally made a note to wear one of these things often in front of Amber.

“You want me to tell you how many times you’ve said that line?” Jonghyun raise an eyebrow at his brother, he was sitting on Key’s bed, arms crossed, trying his best to be patient to wait for Key to be ready.

“Shut up! You’re here to give me moral support dude; you’re not the one who is getting married!” Key snapped at him but then he quickly realized he shouldn’t have said that, “I’m sorry Jong…its just—“

“Don’t sweat it, I know your tense Key and…well your right, I’m not the one getting married and I don’t know if I will ever get the chance…” Jonghyun went silent all of a sudden and Key cursed in his mind for having such a big mouth sometimes.

“Jonghyun, everything happens for a reason…maybe there is something else in store for you out there, I just want you to be happy and—“

“Oh don’t get all dramatic about me Key; it’s your day today! It’s all about you and Amber making the most important decision of your life, and speaking of her…make her happy, she’s my best friend…the only one I have. Make her cry and your best man will be your ‘worst man’!” Jonghyun cut Key off again smiling at his brother and giving him a quick hug, Key somehow felt relieved that Jonghyun has been recovering slowly from Minjie’s death, and now he is happy that his brother is in good condition for his rushed wedding.

Key had finally convinced Amber to marry him, he wanted it badly to be early because he had been feeling something will go wrong if they don’t do it so soon, Amber thought he was just too excited but nevertheless their simple wedding will happen, right in their beautiful garden where Taemin and Zephyrine had been wed once, no matter how few the guests are, even though the family is incomplete, it didn’t matter to Key. What matters the most was that he and Amber will be in holy matrimony.

“The bride is waiting, I bet she finished preparing first than you did! Sometimes I think you’re the woman in the relationship Key, you’re such a perfectionist in clothes!” Jonghyun pulled him out of the room laughing.

“HEY! I got to look my best you know! I do hope she’s ready…” Key got dragged by Jonghyun downstairs as they headed towards the garden.

“Oh crap I’m not ready!” Amber panicked as the hired stylist finished doing her hair.

“Don’t be silly! You look perfect and pretty, I’m sure the groom will love you more!” the stylist clapped her hands and gave a wide smile at Amber, then she wiped the sweat on her face that have been there since an hour. She had a hard time keeping Amber calm, the bride had been just tense as the groom, not only that but Amber refused every shade of makeup the stylist offered to put on her face because she was too concerned if Key would like it or not. She complained about how her lipstick might gave her such a slutty look or how dark the shade is and probably make her look old, and how her eye hurt whenever the stylist would put eyeliner and some eye shadow. She kept scratching her back as her wedding dress felt quite uncomfortable for her because…well it was a dress and she was never fond of wearing one, and the shoes…oh how the stylist almost cried when Amber said she’s wear sneakers instead since her dress would be too long to notice that she’s wearing something on her feet. And after an hour of debating and restraining herself from walking out of Amber’s room, the stylist finished her work and made a boyish girl turn into a beautiful woman.