Chapter 37

~Taemin shakes his fists in anger as he saw the whole act, he couldn’t believe that after all this time Key would still have feelings for Zephyrine, he followed Key to his room and banged his fists on the door.

“What the hell? I can hear you with a knock damn—Taemin?” Key opened the door annoyed by the loud knocks but when he saw Taemin he completely froze.

The younger boy’s eyes were gleaming with rage, he pushed Key inside and closed the door shut, and he grabbed his hyung’s collar and grips it tight.

“Just what the hell do you think you’re doing? Kissing Zephyrine like that when you have Amber? You really deserve to be poisoned!” Taemin barks at him, Key who exactly knows what he means kept silent and couldn’t look at his dongsaeng’s eyes.

“Answer me! That was some sick joke you were pulling, it wasn’t funny at all! How dare you! Don’t ever touch her again; I swear…I’ll forget we are cousins Key, if I ever see you kissing her I’d remove your soul from that wretched body of yours!” Taemin let go of Key’s collar but he didn’t leave the room, he stood there waiting for his hyung to say something but Key only furrowed his eyebrows.

“I’m sorry…” Key apologized with regret in his eyes but Taemin doesn’t feel like being merciful.

“That’s all? What the hell hyung, don’t tell me after all this time you still love her? For goodness sake you already found your mate!”

“I couldn’t explain what happened; it’s just that when I hug her I felt a sudden shock and all the memories we had somehow returned…and—“

“And you felt those emotions came back too? Key you could have controlled yourself! You know better!”

Key couldn’t answer anymore, he knows it is his fault, he knows he’s guilty and he’s ashamed of what he did now that he realized that what if Amber have seen the whole thing instead of Taemin.

“I hope you could repent on those mistakes hyung…” Taemin hissed and stormed out of the room leaving Key alone, he was in the mood to be angry but not to physically inflict pain towards Key.

Taemin returned to his room not expecting Zephyrine to be sleeping on his bed, somehow he calmed down seeing her peacefully snoozing. He sat beside her and played with her hair, taking in her presence as a sign of comfort, he planted a kiss on her forehead making Zephyrine flinch and eventually she woke up.

“Oh, I’m sorry did I wake you up?” Taemin cupped her face, he found it cute that she’s blinking her eyes to adjust her sight in the dark room and she wondered who the person beside her is.

“T-Taemin? You’re here? I thought you’re with your classmates… yeah you kind of woke me up, it’s your sudden touch and kiss that makes my senses haywire, I’m extra sensitive these days…” she rubbed her eyes and pouted at how Taemin chuckled at her.

“I came back as soon as I can, poor baby…I’m sorry okay? I didn’t mean to, you could go back to sleep yeobo…if there is anything that is bothering you, you could tell me okay?”

Taemin wrapped his arms around Zephyrine even though she’s still lying on the bed, nuzzling his face on her neck made her shudder but she kind of like the warmth that he’s giving her.

“Taemin…” she said in a worried voice, there is something she wants to say but she’s afraid that he’ll be mad if she reveals it.