39|Dancing on my own|Grayson

Grayson's P/O/V

It was all still very raw. The words, actions and the aftermath still replayed in my mind, 6 months after. I don't really go out to much, I only go to the shops or somewhere essential.
'Come on, it'll be fun.' Ethan said to me
'I bet you'll find some girl and go off with her and I'll be sat at the bar ordering  tequila after tequila." I said back
'I promise I won't.'

Well he broke that promise. Ethan managed to get me to go clubbing with him. A few hours in, he was all over a girl, he was still rather sober. I sat on the stool, the warm purple and blue lights shone over the bar. "Another one please." I said to the rather sweaty bar tender. He'd given up on the small chat a while back. I handed over the cash as he slid the martini over to me.
I stood up and walked out of the way, watching the joyous people. I smiled at their happiness, but it was short lived. I saw y/n dancing and laughing with her new boyfriend. This is what I came to escape from, not chase after.
Suddenly the song changed and it was a slower tempo. That baffled me. Clubs are normally always upbeat. Well Ethan does take me to weird places to this must be a very interesting club.

There was an empty booth so I sat down in it, not taking my eyes off y/n and her beauty.
I'm in the corner watching you kiss him.
I took a sip of my drink and felt it burn my throat, that wasn't the only thing that was hurting.
I'm right over here why can't you see me.
Maybe I should go up to her? No most definitely not.
I'm not the guy you're taking home.
I' keep dancing on my own.

Y/n turned around, I thought she'd seen me but that wasn't the case.
I'm all messed up, I'm so out of line.
She turned back to her boyfriend and kissed him. I felt my soul slowly seep away and my heart was smashed by a sledgehammer.
So far away, but still so near.
The lights go on, the music dies
But you don't see me, standing there.

She grabbed his hand and dragged him to the other side. That was my final goodbye.

I stood up and left, not caring about my half drunk drink or my drunken brother.
I just want to be alone.
I keep dancing on my own.

-----------------
Lol this was so bad but I love that song.

That's it from me😂

Amelia ⭐️💘