Stars|E.D

Your P/O/V

Me and Ethan were sat on our favourite car accessible hill thing in L.A. We were lying against the bonnet of the car staring at the night stars.
"No matter how many stars there are, each individual burning ball of fire is beautiful." I chuckled
"It's crazy that they're millions of miles away but yet they still light up our lives." My boyfriend, Ethan sighed.
We sat in silence for a bit, admiring this crazy world above and beneath both out feet and understanding.
I broke the silence, "were you ever scared of the dark?" I asked Ethan, but I didn't look away from the twilight yonder.
"No. I always had a - never mind."
"No mo. Continue what you were saying."
He let out a deep sigh," I always had... a nightlight."
I burst out laughing piercing through the quite of the dusk.
"Oh. My. How am I only finding about this now?" He shrugged and I settled back down, getting back to my philosophical point.
"Anyway, I was. I always thought that past the darkness everything was unknown. Anything can appear from darkness and their's nothing you can do. But then I realised something, the sky isn't pitch black, it's navy. Actually it isn't even navy alone, most nights there's the yellow orb-of-night lit up by the day's sun, there's also the stars. The stars are like little sparkles of hope that no matter how inky life can get, there's always a little glow at the end of the tunnel." I looked at Ethan who was just staring at my in awe. "That's when I realised, being scared of the dark doesn't exist, it's all in the sub-conscious . Whenever I looked beyond my bed, I didn't see the unknown in a negative way, I saw the unknown as a place for endless adventure. This universe is forever expanding and there's no point in fearing something that we don't know exists." I rested my head on Ethan's shoulder and he intertwined our fingers.
"What goes on in that gorgeous mind of  yours is incredible. I'm so lucky to have you. I love you y/n."
"I love you too Eth."
-----------------------------------
I'm rather pleased with this one. You guys just had an insight into what runs through my brain most days.

I have a question for the Brits reading, it's rather boring but I'm interested;
EU, are you in or out? I'm in😂🇪🇺

Amelia ⭐️☄🌙🌍