Chapter 34: His vote

Start from the beginning

— Fuck—I cursed— I guess we don't have more options, do we?.

— No, you don't—the Ancient Master's voice echoed in the room again.

— Is this normal here?—Mirayo asked, I nodded.

We opened the doors, honestly, I forgot how it was here. A long hall with floor, walls and roof of white of marble. Except for a path in the center of the hallway, it was made of a crystal with a river flowing beneath it, it gave the impressions of be walking in water. The walls had luxurious paintings, and some fancy decorations of silver and gold. On the end of the hallway, the room made a big circular space, where 19 little cushions layed alined to the room's circular shape. And instead of a 20th cushion, against the wall facing us, there was a big throne of gold with rubies and saphires embed all over, with the old wise man on itapperantly dozing.

— I'm not that old—the Ancient Master said like he just read my mind.

— Sir, no offense, but you're literally 798 years old—Justin said, making my friends gasp.

The Ancient Master's skin was super pale, almost matching Justin's. His hair was completely white, with those tired grey eyes. If you're innocent enough, you would believe he is a defenseless old man, but he was, and I bet he still is, a killer machine.

We sat each one on a cushion, I was between Cole and Jay. It's funny, right now we fill the room, which makes me notice how big the team is now. I remember when Nya, Misako, P.I.X.A.L., Zai and I as the girls of the team. Now the teams is made of 18 ninjas, sensei, samurai, nindroid, alchemist, wizard or whatever we are. We are a happy family.

— Why did you brought here these mortals?—the Ancient Master asked in a lound deep voice.

— The Overlord, he's a threat—I said, half-lying.

— I guess, you didn't follow my advice—he replied.

— What? Paty? What advice?

— Nothing. Something stupid—I muttered through my clenched teeth.

— He suggested to befriend the Overlord—Justin said.

— But you did that with me—Morro said half-offended.

— Then it was something stupid—Ronin said.

— I became a friend with Morro because I knew he wasn't bad, he was just too afraid, confused, and upset. I saw his pure heart, and that's why I spared him—I said— ...with the Overlord...

I couldn't finish, I felt a lump on my throat, and something painfully heavy on my chest. Zane placed a hand on my back.

— You did try that, didn't you?—he asked, I nodded.

I remember myself, begging to the Overlord to change his mind, to become good, and be a friend. He smirked and began the process to extract the elemental powers out of me. And later, we had a fight that leaded to both of our deads. Nice friendship, huh? Just fucking besties.

— You should have tried harder—was all the Ancient Master added.

— Try harder? TRY HARDER?! TRY HARDER?! I DIED... YOU... YOU... YOU BASTARD!  —I yelled— I DIED! OKAY? I FUCKING DIED! IF IT WASN'T FOR THIS 'MORTALS' I WOULDN'T BE HERE! I CAME TO ASK YOU FOR ADVICE SINCE THE FUCKING REMAINS OF OVERLORD'S SOUL ARE FUSED WITH MINE AND YOU TELL ME TO TRY HARDER! I SHOULD TRY HARDER BUT TO DON'T KILL YOU!

Usually I have more self control than this, especially with someone like the Ancient Master... But the fact that he just can't see how much I sacrificed is just too much. I died on the battlefield. And I've seen him giving a nicer compliment to the guy who brings him whine. Literally. I know that the Ancient Master never liked me that much, since he blames me for my grandfather's dead. He believes that if I hadn't born, he'd still be here, you know, instead of me...

Everyone was staring at me with shock and fear, except for the guy who I yelled at, his eyes looked just as sleepy and bored as always.

— Did that make you feel better? Moron?—he asked, empazising 'moron'.

— AHORA SI..!—I yelled, Jay saw me, and grabbed me by the shoulders.

His mere touch made me feel way better, less... murderous. What he did next, made the world disappear, he pressed his lips against mine. Whenever he does that, is not me the one in control, usually I try to keep it cool. But I can't, he is... I can't explain it, I just... I... Wh-what was I talking about?

— If you're done, can you explain me the situation of the Overlord?—the Ancient Master asked, with a hint of... embarassment? Lol...

I explained that around 16 months ago, Jay and I went on a date, our ride in the ferris wheel, and I swore I saw something waiting for us on the ground. When we returned to the Bounty, we found a note that said the guys were in danger, and the picture of the corpses of my parents and little sister. I explained that I was going to find them when some gas got Jay and I unconsious, and when we woke up, we were on the Dark Prision, as Erika called it. There after hearing the screams of my parents I became 'intangible'. But when an elemental master touched me, I changed of shape into that repesented his or her element. Eventually I had all the powers, and with a help of Zai, Potato, and Erika I re-asumed my human shape and the wings. Then the Overlord tried to extract my power, and... when he became that dragon shit. I felt another lump in the throat when I tried to explain when I unlucked my true potential and... died. But most wasn't understandable. I give a look to my friends, but they couldn't speal either, I gave a pleading look, so they would continue, but they gave me a sad look. I had to explain my time in the void, and how the love of the team brought me back to life.

And that the price to come back, was that the Overlord's soul had to be with mine.

— What you did was selfish, putting not just your friends, but the 16 Realms for your stupid wish to see your friends again... Why do you need my help?—the Ancient Master asked coldly.

I wanted to protest, it was never part of my plan to come back from dead. But, it was pointless.

— Yes, Master. I'm well aware of my crime, and I regret it —I said, earning a 'WTF U SAYIN' look from my friends.

The Ancient Master remained quiet for a few seconds.

— Very well, the easiest solution I can see. Is destroying the host of the Overlord's soul—he concluded.

I understood perfectly what he meant, I nodded, and gave them an 'I told you' look to my friends with sad eyes. It was time to say the final goodbye.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CLIFFHANGER BISHES!! >:3 UNTIL THE WEEKED! ;) ...nah, IF I HAVE TIME I'll post tomorrow, okay? Sorry if this is short, but when I wrote those final words I thought OH SHIT! THIS IS A PERFECT CLIFFHANGER! Is this the end for the Mistress of Magic?

See ya my RusherNinjas

Paty OUT!