chapter forty-five.

Kevin's first instinct was to push Emma off of him, but he couldn't get her off of him. He was scared, and he didn't know why. He's never been forced to kiss someone.

He started to panic; went into a frenzy.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Kevin yelled, pushing her away.

"I'm making you love me again," Emma answered, taking her shirt off. She pushed her lips against him again, and he couldn't breathe. Her nails dug into his shoulder blades and her teeth made his lips bleed.

This was the first time, Kevin realized, that he was forced to touch a girls breasts; forced into doing sexual things and he couldn't do anything. This was the first time Kevin, the quarterback of the football team, felt weak.

But, nonetheless, Kevin kept struggling. He straightened his arms and bent his legs and pushed Emma, never stopping.

Until, his front door opened.

Both Kevin and Emma stopped, and it wasn't until then that Kevin realized how hard his heart was beating. And how bad this looked. Kevin couldn't give himself the nerve to glance over the back of the couch.

"Am I... interrupting something?"

Kevin's heart fell into the pit of his stomach and he looked over the couch. Edd and Kevin made eye contact and it took two seconds for Kevin to feel guilty for something he had no control over.

"Yes, actually," Emma says.

"No," Kevin says. It's the first time he's spoken a word that wasn't a scream. His voice is hoarse.

"I'll just... I'm going," Edd says. His voice shudders as he exits. "You two enjoy yourselves."

"No," Kevin says again. It seems almost as if that is the only thing he can say.

He glares at Emma and pushes her. She falls, and Kevin hears her hit the floor, but he doesn't pay any attention, because he's now running after Edd, shouting for him to come back, it wasn't what it looked like.

And Edd didn't look back. Instead, he got into his parents' black Subaru and drove away.