chapter sixteen. kevin.

When I woke up, I had Double D's petite, warm body pressed against my chest and his head under my chin. Trying not to wake him up, I separated us enough for me to see his face.

His face was cute, even when he slept. His eyes were closed and his mouth was partially open, with the small line of drool that came from the corner.

I smirk and wipe the spit with my thumb gently.

When I do this, Double D stirs from under the comforter and opens his eyes slowly.

"Sorry," I whisper. "I didn't mean to wake you."

"It's okay," he says sleepily, wiping his mouth.

"Still tired?" I ask.

He nods his head slowly and closes his eyes.

"What time is it?" he asks drowsily.

I turn over and look at his alarm clock.

"8 o'clock," I say.

"Oh, my," he sighs. "I've slept in terribly late."

"Late?" I snicker. "This is too early for a Saturday."

He opens his eyes half-wide and smiles, showing his gapped front teeth. "When did you wake up?" he asks.

"Only a minute ago," I reply, propping myself up on my elbow.

"Mmm."

He sits up and stretches, half of his chest showing from under his shirt.

I widen my eyes and smile, biting my lip afterward.

Holy crap, I think.

Double D, not noticing my awkward moment of surprise, gets up and heads to the bathroom, running a hand through his thick, wavy black hair.

I shake my head and rub my face with my hands.

After a minute, Edd comes out of the bathroom with his beanie back on and comes back over to the bed. He sits down with his legs crisscrossed and leans up against the headboard of his bed, covering his lap with the blanket. I copy him and do the same.

"When do you wanna get up?" I ask.

"Do you want breakfast?" he asks.

"I could do breakfast," I say.

"Then let's get up now and I shall make us both breakfast."

I groan and lean over, hugging his waist.

"Let's not get up now," I say into his baggy shirt.

He laughs and pets my hair. "Whatever you want, Kevin."

I smile and dig my head into the small of his back.

"Hey," I say, looking up at him. "Lay down."

"W-Why?" Double D stutters.

I laugh loudly. "Don't worry. Trust me. It'll be nice."

He bites his lip, then shimmies down under the blanket with me still holding onto him.

When he lays down, I hug onto his torso and hold him close enough so our chests touch. I put one of my legs under his and one between.

"You see?" I ask. "Now we're cuddling."

He pulls away just enough so that we're looking at each other.

He blushes and smiles. "You are a lot more lovey-dovey than I expected when you first asked me out, Kevin."

His smile soon fades and his eyes drift downward.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"I often find myself wondering why you asked me to date you," he says, sadly, his voice trembling. "Is there a reason?"