chapter fifty-four pt two. kevin.

"You do know why everyone is staring at you, right?" She asks.

I open my eyes and sit up quickly. It's suddenly scary to see Emma standing in front of me.

"Well?" She says.

My heartbeat quickens and I shake my head.

"Do you want to know?"

"I don't know, Emma," I finally say. "What do you even know?"

"More than you, lover boy," she chuckles. She moves next to me and sits. "May I?"

I shrug and move away from her.

Emma sighs. "Listen, Kevin, I know that I what I did was unforgivable. I almost took advantage of you again, and I'm really sorry. I just... I had no choice."

"What do you mean?" I laugh bitterly. "Did you actually think that forcing me into doing stuff with you would make me like you again?"

"I don't like you," she deadpans.

"What?"

"I. Don't. Like. You. What, do I have to spell it out for you?"

"Oh, my bad," I say, chuckling and slapping my forehead. "I totally get it now! So, you almost took advantage of me for the second time because you 'don't like me'? Wow, that makes sense, sorry for the misunderstanding."

"You don't understand!" Emma says sternly. "I had to do it."

"Explain."

"I was being blackmailed. That's how his whole thing started." Emma sighs and lays down in the grass. "The day before I texted you, I got a note on my desk from someone, telling me that you betrayed the team. He wanted help in getting revenge.

"Of course, I said no," Emma clarifies. "I was done with what we had and I had no desire to try to fix what happened. But he wouldn't accept it. He blackmailed me."

"What'd he threaten you with?"

"He attached a picture he made of me without any clothes on to the note," she said nonchalantly. "Said he was going to put it on Facebook unless I helped him. He even devised a plan."

"A plan? How'd it go?"

Emma hands me a piece of paper. "Here. This is the note."

I take the paper. It's labeled "For: Em" on the front. I unfold the paper and read what's inside.

THE PLAN

Step One: Text/Call Kevin

Step Two: Make him think you still like him.

Step Three: Ask for forgiveness.

Step Four: Get alone with him.

Step Five: Make a move.

Kevin betrayed the team. If you succeed in getting Kevin to fall for you again, I'll delete this picture off my phone.

-Jared

There was not picture attached to the paper, so I figured she took it off. I look over at Emma and she forces a smile.

"I didn't get the picture deleted, yet," she says.

"Jared did this?" I ask angrily. "God, he's such an asshole. I haven't done anything to the team, I don't understand why he hates me so much."