"But mom!"

And Esther was dragged out.

~

"Esther! Check this out!" Mitch said, pointing to the television in the shop.

"Alright, guys and gidgets! We sadly have to say goodbye to one of our own for a little while. How long are you gonna be gone, Brenda?"

"Nine months."

"And there you have it! Come my station YZZT and cut school tomorrow to come audition!"

"Esther. I have to go audition."

"I have to go watch you audition!"

~

"Oh my god, we're actually here." Mitch grinned.

"I've always imagined what this place would look like," Esther said, excited.

"This isn't it." She finished.

"Oh my god! It's Scott Hoying." Mitch said. "So near, yet so gorgeous."

"Sure, Mrs. Maldonado, I'll get right on that. See you in a-" Scott was interrupted by bumping into Mitch. Quite hard, actually. Mitch almost fell. "Oh my god. I'm so sorry, I'll buy you some lunch tomorrow at school. You go to Patterson Park High, right?"

Mitch nodded.

"Meet me in the cafeteria tomorrow." He smiled.

"Oh my god. Okay." Mitch smiled back, and nodded.

Scott walked away.

"Oh my god, Mitch!" Esther squealed. "First you're going to audition, now Scott is buying you lunch! You're so lucky."

Mitch squealed before stepping up to Mrs. Maldonado, Kirstin's mother.

"Hi, may I please audition?"

"Aren't you a little.......feminine?"

"Well, I-"

"Did you not understand? No! You can't audition! I don't accept gays!"

"Yes ma'am."

Mitch walked away, saddened by Mrs. Maldonado's reaction.

"Hello ma'am, may I please audition?" Mitch heard a voice say. He turned around and it was a little African American girl, no older than 12 standing there.

"Of course not!" Mrs. Maldonado smiled. "Try auditioning for negro day." She laughed, and Kirstin laughed too.

~

"Detention?! Are you serious? All I was doing was talking!"

"You've talked one time too many, Mr. Grassi."

"This isn't fair!"

~

"I can't believe I'm stuck in here." Mitch slammed his backpack on the desk.