For Lennox (Liam)

I run my hands down my light blue dress as my hands sweat in anticipation.
"Calm down Lennox, it's just prom"
I tell myself in an absolutely stupid way to get my nerves to settle. As I walk into the gym the first thing I see is my best friend Liam, dancing with Hayden. I feel jealousy claw its way through the pit of my stomach up to my tongue and I gulp as Liam locks his eyes on me. He raises his hand and waves me over and I smile at him but the moment I see Hayden glare at me my mouth sets in its permanent frown.

"Wow Lennox! You look absolutely gorgeous!"
Liam says causing me to smile a bit. I'm about to say thanks when Hayden opens her mouth.
"I don't know, I reckon blue isn't really her colour, makes her look bloated, I mean sure she'll never have a figure as..."
I sigh and turn around and walk straight back out of the prom I just entered.

"Stupid!" I yell from the back of the gym as I feel tears start to form in my eyes.
"Why must you always be compared to that, that?! I mean come on this isn't fair!"
I vent to myself but stop as soon as I hear the padding of feet.
"Lennox?"
I hear Liam holler and I mumble out a quick 'over 'ere' and I wait for his beautiful eyes to find my own.
"There you are, sorry about Hayden, I sort of broke up with her"
"On prom? Nice"
"She disrespected you, my best friend"
"Why should you care? After all she spoke the truth"
I look up from my feet and I notice how angry and hurt he looks. He takes 3 long strides until he is close enough that I can smell him and only him, close enough that I can see him and only him.
"You really don't realize how beautiful you are do you?"
He says before he cups my face and kisses me gently, the kiss I have been waiting for ever since I met him.

When he pulls away I keep my eyes closed for a little longer then needed, to savour the taste of his lips.
"Now, let's get back to prom"
Liam says and offers me his arm.
"I'd wish for nothing else"