Chapter 95

Theo's POV:

I hold my little boy in my arms whilst Shai sleeps next to me. He's perfect. He lays asleep also, leaving me to admire them both. I find myself with the biggest of smiles on my face and nothing but pride and love in my heart right now. He's so tiny it makes me feel like even holding him I could break him. His breathing is slow and gentle and his little cheeks are red. 

Shai starts to move and sit herself up. She still looks tired but her eyes completely light up when she sees us. I smile and kiss him. 

"Can I hold him?" She asks, as if I would say no. I pass him slowly over to her and we very carefully place him in her arms. 

"We need a name Shai." I laugh and she does as well. 

"What about Jack?" I think for a while. Jack's perfect. 

"Sounds great." I stroke his head a little and she smiles. Just seeing her with him makes everything so complete. Shai suits being a mother, she cares so deeply about things and now she's holding him it all just fits. 

"I need to call my mum, she'll want to be here." She says as I reach in the bag to find her phone. She tightens her grip on Jack with one arm and dials her mother's number with the other. "Hello," she begins, "mum, I'm in the hospital- no I'm fine, but your grandson's here with us." Tears start to fall down her face again and she smiles. "I'll see you soon." She hangs up and just places her phone next to her on the bed, which reminds me I should FaceTime my mother or something. It rings for a few seconds then she answers. 

"Theo?" She seems confused and I just turn the camera so it's on Jack. 

"This is Jack, my little boy." I say into the phone and she just inhales, and begins to cry. I will never understand why crying is the natural reaction in these situations.

"Theo, Shai, he's beautiful! I'll come to you guys as soon as I can!!" 

"That'd be great mum." I say as Shai's still a little emotional. 

Shai's POV:

After such a long time carrying this little guy, I have never been more happy to meet someone. He is flawless. He already looks like Theo at some points, but he definitely has my nose. Theo sits next to me whispering to Jack, and admiring him. 

My mum turns up and her obvious instinct is to want to hold him. She has the brightest smile and open arms and I can only imagine this is what she felt like when she had me. I reluctantly hand him over to her and she sits in a chair next to Theo after kissing him on the cheek. 

"This is Jack." He says and she looks up at me. 

"You guys have done a good job." She mumbles, causing Theo and I to laugh. 

A nurse pops her head around the curtains asking permission to come in, Theo invites her straight in and stands up. All she wanted was to know the name so she could get the birth certificate all sorted for us. Theo goes with her to sort it all out, giving my mother and I some time alone. 

"Are you happy Shai?" She asks looking straight up at me.

"Is that a serious question?" I laugh, "of course, I'm happy, I've never been happier." I can't take my eyes off of Jack, he's making everything feel completely whole. My mum nods as if she's agreeing with my unspoken thoughts and kisses Jack on the head. 

"He looks like Theo." She says and I laugh. 

"I was thinking that earlier."

Theo comes back around the curtains and kisses me. It used to embarrass me when Theo kissed me in front of my mother, but now it's not so bad considering she's holding a baby, which obviously had to start somewhere. 

"The doctor's seem very happy, and we can actually go home if you'd like? We'll have to bring him back for some follow ups but apart from that, it's all good." I smile. I'd love to bring him home.

My mother follows us home and I sit with Jack tucked tightly in my arms, never wanting to let him go. When we get home I sit in the living room and just look at my son. In this moment I promise myself that I'm going to be the best mother I can possibly be for this little boy. I'm going to love him so much nobody else is ever going to be good enough for him. 

Theo's POV:

Lori and I end up deep in conversation as Shai seems to be totally lost with Jack. Her mum explains that she'll probably be like that for a while, but I'm not even surprised because I'm sure I'll be like it too. It's so incredible that we've created a life, and it's all come from one audition for a part I didn't even think I'd get. Every moment is so precious, but I don't think anything will ever compare to the moment when you hold your child in your arms for the first time, and I'm certain that's why Shai doesn't seem to want to let go. 

It starts getting late, and Shai is understandably tired, so she goes to bed as do I, after Lori leaves and we positions ourselves so Jack is safe and sound in between us. I find it hard to sleep so I find myself just staring at Shailene sleeping so beautifully and peacefully. 

The sunlight beaming through our window wakes Shai and I up as we forgot to close the curtains. She smiles instantly and holds Jack in her arms again. 

"We should invite Ansel and Zoë over so we can tell them the news we discussed." I say and she just nods.

Shai's POV:

I sit in the living room as we hear a knock at the door, Theo goes to get it and brings in our friends. They both have the same reaction as they stare at my son in awe. Zoë sits besides me and I hand her Jack, introducing him. They both complement the name and kiss him. Anyway, Theo and I have a big question for them right now. 

"So guys, we were actually wondering if we could ask you both something." Theo begins and I smile.

"Anything." Ansel says looking up at us both. 

"We would really love it if you could be godparents for Jack." I blurt out and their reactions answer for us. Of course they'd love to be godparents. 

"Thank you so much, I love you both so much." Zoë says through shock and Ansel is already up hugging Theo. 

It was in this moment that I knew nothing could ruin this life, it was perfect.

The End.