Chapter Eighteen

Shai's POV:

Me and Theo walk into work, early as we know Ansel, Zoë and Miles hang out here before we start. I take Theo's hand so we enter hand in hand, and he squeezes lightly. Ansel sees and thinks he's funny calling "you guys going out or something?" And I laugh, "yes, actually we are. But we're keeping it secret, so please. This stays between us." Zoë squeals and runs over to me hugging me so tight, I can tell she's excited but I just don't know why. "You guys are perfect for each other" she says emphasising the word perfect. Ansel and Theo do some manly handshake/hug thing, whilst Miles smiles awkwardly, kicking his heels on the floor. Theo takes my hand again, and we discuss keeping it a secret.

Miles' POV:

Shai and Theo declared their relationship today, I know I'm meant to be happy for them but it still hurts a bit. Before they arrived I told Ansel and Zoë I injured my hand slipping in the shower, fortunately you can't see the bruising through the bandage and sling to tell I hit something. When Shai finally gets released from Zoë she walks over to me, and lowers her voice. "How's your hand?" she says whilst stroking a gentle hand over my shoulder, I smile, "fine, it could be worse." She smiles, and leads me over to everyone else, Theo gives me a supportive look, as if to say I can talk to him. I don't want to, I really don't want to. Just as everyone calms down Neil walks in and says that Theo and Shai will be filming their big kiss scene, so the rest of us can just do training. I bet they're happy about that. Ansel nudges Shai and Neil laughs, "you told them then?" Neil knew? How did Neil know before us all? You know what, I don't even want to think about it, I don't even care about their relationship anymore. It's stupid.

Theo's POV:

The kiss scene is going to be good, we won't have any awkwardness. We go up to the balcony we'll be shooting it on and get into costume. Shai look's stunning, he golden hair falling past her shoulders making her eyes shine and her skin tone blend, looking perfect. I'm just getting my tattoo touched up and Neil wants to get started.

"I don't want to be just one thing, I can't be. I want to be brave and selfless, intelligent, and honest, and kind. Although I'm still working on the kind"

I lean in quickly because I just want to go for it, and I connect our lips, holding the bottom of her back to close the gap between us, she moves her arms up around my neck and I can feel the sparks. This wasn't a kiss on set. This was real. We get to the end of the take and Neil winks walking off. Me and Shai sit on the edge of the balcony whilst everyone behind us starts making noise and getting on with their lives. I think I'm in love with her, and I think now's the time to tell her. We've known each other for a while now, and I've never felt this before. I've fallen hard.

"Shailene?" I say, taking her hand slowly, causing her to look me in the eyes.

"Yes Theo?"

"I love you." As soon as the words come out my mouth I don't know whether to regret it or not. What if it's too soon, what if this ruins everything and she doesn't feel the same way about me. I look out into the distance and she holds my hand tighter. "I love you too," she says with a smile, "you can calm down now."

I think she must have felt me tense up, because I felt myself relax as soon as she said she loves me too. I pull her into my side and kiss her head. We still have a whole day of filming to do. So we get off to work.