Chapter Ninteen

*4 months later*

Shai's POV:

The premier's tomorrow, and scared is an understatement. The last 4 months have been nothing exciting, okay me and Theo are still together, and that's perfect, more than perfect, but I'm starting to miss my family, especially my brother. I'm sitting on my bed tapping things around me to try and take my mind off tomorrow, there's going to be a lot of people, and I'm so scared I'll mess up. What if I accidentally slip up about me and Theo? More than anything right now, I need Theo, I need to be sitting in his arms. I don't want to wake him so I decide to text him.

'Theo, are you up?xx'

I really need him to be, I think I could overthink so much I'll be sick soon. A few minutes pass and he answers, relieving me so much.

'I am now, what's up?xx'

'Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you, I can't sleep, can I come over?xx'

'Of course xx'

I do feel bad that I woke Theo but I'm also so happy I did, I love how understanding he is. I know he'll know exactly what to say or do to make me feel better. I gently knock on his room door careful not to wake anyone else up, and he answers immediately, his curly hair all scruffy, and his voice low and croaky. I don't speak I just hug him, and he lifts me up like a child to carry me to his bed. He may be tired but he's still so strong. He gets in next to me and props himself up on his elbow. "What's up then Shai?" he says, he says it calmly but I can see in his eyes he's worried. Theo can tell a lot with his eyes, he smiles with them and that's special, he doesn't even realise. "I'm scared I'll mess up tomorrow" I admit, knowing how stupid I sound, I'm an actress, I'm meant to love these things. "Me too" says Theo, which surprises me. Why is Theo scared? He's so charming and could make the crowd fall in love with him just by turning up. He's got everything they're looking for. "I'm scared I'll slip up about us," as I say this a grin comes across Theo's face, "don't worry Shai, you won't, and if you do, it's fine, we can work through it, because that's what couples do." He's right, of course he is, I'll have Theo by my side keeping me calm, and if something does slip out, it'll just have to be a new challenge for us, which we will take on. We're strong, and right now, it feels nothing can separate us. I kiss his cheek and lay my head on his chest, ready to fall into a deep sleep.

Theo's POV:

Shai's asleep on me, so I'm trying my best not to move, but I can't sleep. I'm not as worried about tomorrow as she is, but I do have something on my mind. Me and Shai haven't had anything special happen in months. We've said 'I love you' to each other once, and although I admit I think it was quite soon to have said it, I meant it. I'm just wondering if it was too soon for her. That doesn't bother me though. I don't mind how often we say we love each other, as long as we show it, but we haven't been. Our time is perfect but it's always in our rooms or on set, I want her to feel special but we never have alone time anymore. I want to surprise her, something just for us. I just don't know where to begin, nothing seems special enough to show how I feel for her. My main worry is that she thinks I'm like the man from her past, I know he scarred her, made her worried every man will cheat, lie and hurt her, but I'm not that man. I get she wants to take things slow to gain her trust, but I want her to believe me when I tell her every day how special she is. I want her know now that my feelings are genuine, and even if I had a 1000 other girls asking for me, I'd still want her because nobody compares to my Shailene Dianne Woodley.

I wake up to the gentle touch of Shai telling me my stylists called the room phone. She told them to come in half an our. I don't want Shai to go but I know she has to get ready too, and her prep team take hours! They don't need to, she's beautiful right now, in my top, in my bed, with me. She kisses me goodbye and I watch her leave wishing we could be more open, so we didn't have to hide our feelings. Maybe then she'd be more open to me. With that my stylist knocks on the door and begins her job whilst I pretend to listen and understand what she's saying.