Chapter Twenty-Seven

Shai's POV:

Zoë's on her way over, and I know I'm going to have to tell her. I never thought I'd have to be so open about this part of my past. Honesty is the best policy though. A gentle against my door interrupts my thoughts and I'm so excited to see Zoë, she comes in as the door is unlocked and hugs me, one of her very special Zoë hugs that nobody can compare to. "He's going to get hurt" I blurt out, not thinking before I speak. "Who is?" She asks, not sounding worried, almost as if she's keeping a strong voice to let me know I can lean on her. "It's Theo, he's gone after my ex, Mark, he's dangerous Zoë, he wouldn't listen to me, he just left shouting, and angry. It was scary..." She looks confused but doesn't ask about Mark, which I appreciate, a lot. She begins to pace a little, I can see she's worried, her and Theo are friends. Our silence is broken by my phone ringing, I look down and see Theo, as much as I don't want to answer as I'm still so angry, but I have to.

"What?" I say bluntly.

"Hi, is this Shai?" A woman answers.

"Uhm, yeah. Who's this?"

"Hi, I'm Maria, I'm apart of the police force, I'm sorry. Theo's been in a serious car accident, we're going to need you to meet us at the hospital, as soon as you can please" My heart stops. I even stop breathing. I can't even answer I just hang up and fall to my knees in floods of tears. I can't even lift my head, it feels so heavy. Theo's a fighter, I will not lose him. Not when our last words were arguing. I didn't tell him just how much I loved him, I can't live without him. I can not live without Theo James. I am in love with him.

Zoë drives us to the hospital because she's more stable than I am right now, I've not stopped crying since I found out.

After what feels like forever we arrive at the hospital and I hurry in, going straight to the desk. I couldn't even string together full sentences all I managed to say was "I... Theo James... He's" and before I can continue a young lady comes towards me and leads me and Zoë to a secluded room. In that rooms lies my boyfriend, with blood down his face, he's pale, connected to wires, drips. He doesn't look like Theo, he looks vulnerable and weak. Well I'm not giving up on him. I'll fight for him. I refuse to lose him.