Chapter Seventy-Seven

Theo's POV:

I wake up next to Shai not even thinking about the events of yesterday. I don't think I even care anymore. I look down and her lips look so soft, so at rest and I can't resist kissing them. I tried to kiss her as gently as possible but she awoke anyway, smiling immediately. 

"Don't stop." She whispered next to my mouth. I kissed her again, deepening the kiss this time. Everything about her fits me so perfectly, it's like she was specifically made just for me. I put my hand at the bottom of her back so I can pull her closer to me getting rid of any space we had between us. She lets out a slight noise and it makes me smile. It's been a while since Shai and I have just been together, so I slowly help her top off of her, and she lifts mine also. For now, the morning is ours. 

***

After an eventful, but amazing morning Shai turns around in bed and faces me, still smiling. I wish I could just read her mind to tell if she enjoyed this morning as much as I did. I know we don't always get the chance to do the things we want to because there's always something going on, but we're away from it all right now. We've escaped and as long as our phones are off and we're looking into each other's eyes, nothing can get to us. 

"I'm going to make some breakfast," she says, "going to need my energy back after that." She finishes and winks at me and it gives me butterflies just looking at her. I follow her out of the bedroom and pull out a chair in the kitchen. I watch her intently as she makes her way around the kitchen getting engrossed in all the different options she could make. I only ever get this feeling when I watch Shai act or cook, watching her do something she's passionate about is special, and one of the things I value most about her. 

She passes a plate to me with a full English breakfast and it makes me laugh. A few seconds later she passes another plate to me with a slice of toast cut in the shape of a heart. 

"Can't believe you only got yourself a chair." She said sarcastically but before she can get herself one I pull her closer to me and whisper in her ear.

"You'll just have to sit on my lap then won't you." I feel her smile and make herself comfortable on me and we eat in a happy silence. 

Shai's POV:

I feel so connected to Theo today, we sometimes get days when just everything is so right and I know today is going to be one of them. I sit on his lap with his hands placed firmly around my waist as if he's going to lose me. It helps me relax into him and rest my head on his shoulder. We stay like this about an hour, just lost in conversation. It's perfect because we don't have anything to do today. 

"Let's have an us day." I say not wanting to move from his arms. 

"Sounds perfect." He mumbles obviously too relaxed. I get up from his lap and lead us to the bed again, where I get back into a comfy position on him. I love the feeling of my head moving up and down in sync with his breathing. It's another thing that makes me feel connected. His hand rests on my back and he lightly draws different shapes with his finger relaxing me more than he could know. I do it back to him on his chest and he smiles, kissing my head. 

I must've fallen asleep on Theo because I wake up to him whispering in my ear, telling me to wake up. I roll off of him and stretch out a little bit and he gets out of bed and goes into the bathroom. I hear him running a bath and my natural instinct kicks in and I have to help him chose what things to put in it. 

I walk into the bathroom obviously with a certain look on my face because it makes him laugh.

"If you're going to have a bath Theo, you're going to do it right." I say and he just pulls my towards him. 

"I was actually running it for you." He says.

"Well then I want you in it with me." I wink at him and leave kisses up his next until I reach his lips. He reaches behind him and passes me my 'bath bag' and I smile, knowing that he must've brought it himself as I left it behind. 

"I can't wait." He whispers and I carelessly put some vanilla essence in the bath, the only thing I really want in it is him, so I help him undress and hurry him in.