Chapter Seventeen

Shai's POV:

I must admit I feel better now Miles knows. I still don't want anyone else finding out, apart from Zoë and Ansel, but I feel a weight lifted off my shoulders. I've calmed down a lot now, seeing Miles that angry upset me, it scared me. I thought he was going to hit Theo, and that would have completely broken our friendship. Theo's just pacing the room, debating whether or not to check on Miles, but I keep insisting that he doesn't. He said he wants to sleep, the least Theo can do is let him. I walk up behind him and wrap my arms around his torso and bring my mouth close to his ear. "Lets go on that picnic," I whisper, knowing that when we're together everything else doesn't matter. When we're alone, enjoying each other's company we feel infinite. He turns around in my arms, and smiles. "Okay."

I sit on the bed and watch him get all the picnic stuff together, I admire his beauty in the way he moves, how muscular but elegant he is, how he can lift heavy things whilst making it look light. I help him make sandwiches in the kitchen, and I decide to discuss telling Zoë and Ansel, Theo thinks it's good idea, and he suggests Jai. I have nothing against Jai, but I don't know him. I don't really think he's close enough to know about me and Theo, not just yet. So we agree not to tell him unless he asks.

We start walking to the woods, and I smile when I realise that's where we're going. It's our special place now, not mine. I like that. We lay out the blanket on the lighter green grass and Theo gives me a glass. He squeezes out the orange juice from a tiny carton and gently taps our glasses together. "To us" he says, and I repeat taking a sip from the glass. This is cute, this is all I want.

Hours went by of talking, laughing, learning about each other even more, watching wildlife, making shapes from the clouds, until the clouds became hard to see, that's when we realised it was getting late, and we have an early start tomorrow. We start to head back hand in hand, continuing to laugh and joke, and it makes me picture our relationship, and how great it's really going to be. He makes me so indescribably happy, nobody can replace that.

Theo's POV:

We get back to the hotel, and I don't want Shai to leave. "Stay in my room, please" I say with big puppy eyes, and flickering my eyelashes making her laugh. "You hard to say no to, James" she says whilst still laughing. "Only for you Woodley" I say opening my door allowing her to walk in. I realise she has nothing to sleep in, and I want to sort it before she realises. So I throw her the tee shirt I've just taken off and told her to sleep in that. She stares at my abs, and blushes a little. "Thanks"

I put on my sweats and brush my teeth handing her toothbrush, she left it here the other day. It was cute, us, brushing our teeth together, this is how it's meant to be. We both go to spit at the same time and it makes us laugh, she moves her body closer to mine so we're facing each other and she presses her soft lips against mine, as she pulls back she whispers "I'm excited to tell Ansel and Zoë" and I must admit, so am I. It will be nice to show her off as mine, but not too much. I totally agree with everything Shai says, it's like she knows the right way to deal with every situation, and she does it flawlessly.

We're laying in bed staring into nowhere, we don't need to speak, we just need to be with each other.