Chapter Twenty-Eight

Shai's POV:

It's all in the news about Theo being in a car crash. I sit by his bed, squeezing his hand, trying to squeeze some life into him. His face is bruised, and his breathing is weak and extremely slow. I kiss his forehead, incase he can feel things. I love him so much and this is all my fault, everything. If I just didn't let him go, or didn't tell him anything. None of this would have happened, this is all my fault.

I wake sitting on the hospital chair with my hand still tightly locked with his. I don't know how long I've been asleep but I don't want to know, he's still not better. The nurse pokes her head through the long, navy curtains and asks for permission to come in. I say yes, as if I'd deny her access? She does his check up, and smiles. I look at her cocking my head to one side, prompting her to explain. "His hearts getting stronger" she says positively, filling out some paper at the end of his bed. He's making a slow recovery. "So he won't die?" I say, excited and relieved. "I can't say for certain Shai, but for now, things are looking good" I feel a small pain in my heart. I want to know for certain, I squeeze his hand, holding back my tears and smile at the nurse. Theo's strong he'll get through this.