Chapter Sixty-Eight

Theo's POV:

After a week of luxury in the sun doing nothing, Shailene and I decided to explore the island some more and go on a kind of hike. We walked for hours and hours before we stopped under some palm trees to eat the lunch we had packed. Before we left I had planned a whole gym timetable to get to when we got home as I had expected us to eat really badly whilst we were here, but it's actually been so hot we've been eating, what we like to call, 'clean foods' like cucumber, celery and carrots. The only problem with the island is that there are no toilets that we know of apart from the house where we're staying, and with all the water we've been drinking it's been quite difficult. We sat on a rock, eating cucumber sticks talking about all of the shells we collected along the beach, Shai had an amazing idea to get a box when we got home to keep all of our special memories in that we have kept, for example, I still have the receipt from the first McDonald's we had. We would then cover this box in sea shells. This will also be a safe place to keep our rings whenever we're filming, as we're obviously not allowed to wear them on set.

Shai's POV:

I'm so exhausted, we've been walking for ages and I really needed to just lay down, so I did. I could feel the heat from the sun radiating all over warming me up like I was all cosy in bed. I ran my fingers through the sand as it gave off a calming and relaxing feeling, tingling up my arms. Theo sat next to me and started placing rocks around me, outlining my body. I would have never felt more carefree in my life, if it wasn't for one thing. My period should have come by now, and it hasn't. I know Theo and I have spoken about children, for way in our future, but we haven't exactly been trying for right now. This could change everything.

Theo's POV:

After being out for the whole day we finally got back, and I remembered I hadn't checked my phone once since we left. I plugged it in and turned it on whilst Shai was showering, I had multiple congratulations texts but one stood out more than it should. It was from an unknown number saying 'congratulations, although not for long.' My first reaction was to text back and ask who it was that was texting me but my publicist always tells me never to reply to unknown numbers unless I'm expecting someone to change their number or I know who it is. I would send it to her now, to do her usual research but I don't want to be stressed with work and things like this for our last week. I reply to the texts from people I know and text my mum telling her about the holiday so far and lay down for a little while thinking about all of the people who know we got married, and all of the people who have my number. It took me a while before I realised the real reason I should be worrying, not because I don't know who it is, but because of what they said, whoever it is doesn't want me and Shai together. I want to tell Shai so badly but she would worry more than I am right now, but we promised this relationship would be built with trust and honesty. I'll probably talk to her later.