Chapter 79

Shai's POV:

I'm in the bathroom getting ready for our meal tonight, I really want to make an effort as I can tell this means a lot to him. It means a lot to me too. I put on a dress and some very light make up, just enough to add some definition to my face. I take in a deep breath and wait in the living room for him. He's in our room getting changed, I would have just got ready in there too but there was more room for us both if we done it separately. I take this time to just relax and pour myself a glass of water. I have no idea why I'm so excited for this but it feels like the break we both deserve. I want to text Zoë and tell her our news but I know I can't without discussing it with Theo first, and I don't really want to do that tonight. Tonight is about us. I still don't know how or when we're going to tell the fans about the delay of Insurgent. I can only hope they'll be understanding and happy for Theo and I. 

Theo's POV:

I put one of the smartest suits I have and thought I'd change it up a bit and where a bowtie. I walk into the living room and just freeze, completely taken back by how beautiful my wife looks. She turns and faces me with the biggest smile, this is seriously how I imagine the rest of our lives, together and happy. 

"You look amazing." I say still staring at her and she spins making her dress float out, laughing. I laugh too and walk towards her taking her hand. "You ready to go?" 

"One more thing," she says and she lets go of my hand, wraps her arms around my shoulders and kisses me. I kiss her back and hold her waist steady and close to me. "Okay, lets go." She says after pulling away. 

"You make it hard to leave." I wink at her and head towards the door. 

***

We sit on the boat and the night sky always seems to make this meal so much more pleasing. I look around at the other couples on the boat and I feel happy. I feel happy that I've found someone who makes me the best version of myself and that's all I can ask for. I bring myself out of thought as the waiter comes with our food. Shai smiles in anticipation as she's been hungry for a while and I laugh. 

Shai's POV:

The food was amazing once again and I admire the fine details that surround me on this boat. The creative patterns carved into the tables and the way that everything matches down to the glasses and the cutlery. As I'm admiring beauty I take the opportunity to look at how smart a bowtie makes Theo look. 

I ordered some cake for dessert and written along the edge of the plate in a chocolate sauce it said 'I love you." Theo shrugged and smiled at me. 

"I thought it would be cute." He says pointing to it. 

"You're cute." I reach across the table and take his hand, nothing else needs to be said. We just need each other. 

The word 'love' gets thrown around so recklessly and rarely do I see couples now genuinely in love, but I couldn't even begin to explain how that does not apply for us. I think about how other people may think we're just together for the extra fame, or because we were on Divergent together, but it's so much more than that. I wish there were words to say, but there aren't. It's the way he makes me feel. It's how we can get lost in each other's eyes. It's how I can touch him and everything is better. It's him.