Chapter Twelve

Shai's POV:

Theo's touch is comforting. I lean against his shoulder smiling. We didn't need to speak, the silence was enough. I started to think about Theo, the way his words came out of his mouth. Strong. Protective. I never thought he'd ever have feelings for me like that, ever. We stay in silence for 10 more minutes until I start to smile against his chest, he looks down into my eyes. "What?" He asks with a smile, I don't want to tell him, and I start to feel quite shy. I look down to the floor, and smile a little. "Nothing." He laughs a bit, "you're beautiful," he says with a deep look in eyes, "you know that?" I can't help but laugh and hold his hand, I like the softer side of Theo. "Shut up Theo" I say with a laugh, but honestly, I don't want him too. It starting to get dark now, and it reminds me of my walk this morning, the cool breeze stroking my face, the animals becoming braver. I loved it, it was almost magical. Whilst I was taking in our surrounding I feel Theo's hand start to shake a little, and hold mine. I look up at him and he looks scared, his eyes darting around from tree to tree as we walk past them. I squeeze his hand to let him know it's okay, and then put my arm around his waste. He puts his arm round my shoulders and I feel his muscles relax.

We get back to our hotel rooms at about 9, and Theo looks tired. I guess he's not used to long walks, after a day of work. Our bodies are still fitted together as he holds my shoulder, and we reach his door. He turns to face me, and smiles. "Bye" he whispers, moving his hands towards mine. Our faces are inches apart and he leans in closer decreasing the distance. "Bye" I whisper back. I feel his hand let go of mine and move to the bottom of my back pulling us closer. I close my eyes, and our lips touch, they fit perfectly together. I put my arms around his neck and smile against his lips. "Sleep well Shailene" Theo smiles, and opens his door. "Goodnight Theodore" I say as he's closing the door. I can't keep the smile off my face as I walk into my room. That was different, it wasn't our first kiss, but it was the first thing that ever meant anything to me. I lay on my bed in Theo's tee shirt, and shorts. I miss him already.

Theo's POV:

I close the door, and feel a smile reach from ear to the other. That was unbelievable. I put some sweatpants on and lay in bed. I want to cuddle Shai, but I know it's too soon for that. We're not even official yet. I'm tired, but my legs ache. We'd had a tough day of filming but I didn't want to mug Shai off. I'm glad I didn't. I put on my TV and watch some bad movie on the hotel's channel. I think about seeing Shai tomorrow, how exciting I am to see her. How different things will be, but then I remember Miles. He was obviously upset Shai had kissed me even for a scene, he can't find out about me and Shai. Not yet. I don't know what to do, so I decided to sleep. It's almost impossible to stop thinking about Shai.