Chapter Forty

Shai's POV:
"Theo I think I should text Miles" I blurt out. He rolls over and turns on the bed side light, it must be about 1 in the morning but I just couldn't sleep thinking about it. "You're very lucky I love you" he half says half growls and I giggle. I didn't mean to wake him up but I do want to sleep tonight. "What do you want to say?" He asks, more serious this time. He has a point, what do I want to say? "I want him to know me and you are serious. I don't want him thinking all those bad things about you because you're amazing, and I want us all to get along because Miles is one of my best friends and I'd hate to lose him." I must admit when it's late at night I get pretty deep, but it's true. Theo's amazing and I want to shout it to the world, although our relationship is still unknown to the public, I must talk to him about that sometime too. Anyway back to the problem now, how do I tell Miles all of this? "Okay," he says, "you're going to text him now?" And I nod, I want this to be off my mind for good. I get my phone from the table next to me and unlock it, it's 1:34. "Okay..." Theo begins to help me word my text.
'Miles I'm sorry about the time, I just couldn't sleep knowing how much I need to talk to you. For now, I want you to know losing you will be one of hardest things I'll ever have to do, so if you care about me at all don't make me go through that please. I want you to know Theo, he's amazing, he'll never use me the way you think he will, he's taking me back to London with him! How exciting is that? This is what I want, I want to be able to share all my excitement with you and you be happy for me! I'm going to sleep now, but please think about this Miles, good night (morning) x'
"So you're going to sleep now?" He mutters as he wraps his arms around me and I nod whilst yawning.
-
I wake up to Theo singing in the lounge, he has such a nice voice. He should sing more often. I remember him singing in the shower in the hotel before we were together. I thought he had a nice voice then too. I remember last night and texting Miles, I quickly grab my phone and see a text from him, at first I debate opening it without Theo but he seems happy enough singing.
"I just don't care anymore, Shai do what you want. Maybe we can be cool again some day"
I don't want that at all but I can't be bothered to argue, if times what he needs then I'll give him some time, he'll have to see me at some point or another. I wonder into the lounge and wrap my arms around his waist from behind surprising him. He turns around in my arms and kisses me and suddenly all my problems disappear. This is the man I love and can't lose, this is the man I'll keep.

Miles' POV:
In all honesty I can't face Shai right now, all I feel is anger towards her. I have an interview soon to talk about Divergent. I'm not in the mood. I sit with my head leaning on the window of the taxi, watching the houses speed past me quicker than I can see. Arriving at a tall, glass building still daunts me but I just want this over with now, so I walk in without hesitating. I'm directed to a white room with a board on the wall with the movie poster. Theo and Shai. There are two cameras set up aiming towards a chair. I sit in the chair waiting for the interviewer. He walks in all happy and I have to put on my best 'I-do-want-to-be-here' smile. "So Miles..." He begins asking various different questions about the film, I'm so used to them I hardly need to listen anymore I can just answer, this goes on for about ten minutes until one question catches my attention. "The chemistry between Shailene and Theo is incredible don't you agree?" This is my chance to get my own back. "Well, they are together so I'd expect nothing less" I say with an innocent laugh, as if I didn't just drop them right in it. The interviewers face drops with excitement, this is the presses ideal information. Take that Theo, let's see how well your relationship lasts now.