Chapter Sixteen

Miles' POV:

I can't believe this! Shai lied! She told me nothing was going on! Why would she do this to me? It's partly my fault I should've told her, I should've told her whenever I see her my heart beats 10x faster, I should've told her she's the most beautiful girl in the world, I should've told her I think I'm in love with her. The thoughts rushing through my head were uncontrollable, I wanted to hit Theo, I wanted to hit him for taking my chances away, for getting to her first, for kissing the girl I dream about, but I couldn't, he obviously makes her happy, and I know he's a decent guy, he doesn't deserve to be hurt. I did, I was being foolish. That's why I hit the wall, I knew I was being selfish. My hand is numb and cold, but I don't think it's broken, I definitely need some ice though. I go to my room and sit with an ice pack thinking about what an idiot I've been. This needs to heal before filming tomorrow, I can't explain to everyone what I've done. I can't stop thinking about Shai and how I've ruined everything, she's never seen me like that, she's never seen a violent side of me, and honestly, neither have I. I don't want to've upset her but I can't face her, I'm going to have to be a coward and text her my apologies.

'Shai, please forgive me. I can't find words to apologise but I'm so sorry. I just have feelings for you and seeing you with someone else made me think irrationally. You also said nothing was going on, I never thought you'd lie to me, I thought you trusted me'

I didn't want to sound too angry but I still am, she would always say I'm like a brother, her best friend. Then why didn't she tell me? I thought this would be something she's excited about, if she really feels deeply for him then why wasn't she screaming about it? Maybe I still have a chance, maybe I can win her over. I want her to be the happiest she can be, and if that's not with Theo then I'll make sure it's with me.

'Forget about it Miles, how's your hand? You shouldn't punch things like that, you've probably broken it! I didn't lie, when you asked me, me and Theo were just friends, I promise you.'

Although she sounds caring I know she's not totally forgiven, she usually sends smiling faces to me. I don't want things to change, I really don't. I know I have to be honest with her, I know I do.

'My hand's fine, it just needed ice, and no, it's not broken. I know I have to be honest with you Shai, and for that to happen I have to text you, I just know I won't say everything I want to say in person. I hope you understand. I've had feelings for you for a while, but I will never let that get between us, it just hurt me not only because I thought you may have felt the same, but because you didn't tell me. I thought we were best friends, and if you really are happy with Theo, why didn't you tell me? Are you sure you're as happy as can be?'

I've said this in hope she'll realise maybe she's not. Maybe there are better people than Theo James. Ha, who am I kidding. Theo James is the ladies God, he's tall, well built... British. He has a charm and Shai has been the girl he's chosen. I don't think I want to hear back from Shai now, but now I've had time to think I do want her to be happy, whether that's with Theo or me, that's what I truly care about. Shai's happiness. I decide to take a cold shower so I don't check my phone. The ice drops hitting my back gave me relief, cooled down my emotions. It numbed any pain I felt about losing Shai, but my hand's pain started to kick in, the numbness was going and I really was in pain. I can't take it much more so I get out the shower, wrapping a towel around my waist. I use the room phone to call down to reception asking if there's a first aider or anyone who can come and check it out. I know for a fact it's not broken but pain killers would be more than welcome right now. In less than 5 minutes someone's knocking on my door with a small first aid kit. I invited them in embarrassed as I'm still in my towel, it was a man, so I excuse myself to quickly put clothes on. He sits on a chair and pulls it over to my bad, he put my hand out as he examines it, comparing it to my other hand. At first he looks worried but after he realises I can still move it, just with difficulty he seems more relieved. "Okay, it looks like there's no break but you have damaged it. I would recommend not hitting anymore walls, and trying to do small, but regular movements to loosen up the muscles. I'm going to bandage it to support and protect it, and you'll need to keep it in a sling for 5 days." He says. I nod in agreement because I don't even want to speak, Neil's going to be mad. We can't film if I have a sling on. "Do I have to keep the sling on for filming" I ask and the guy looks up at me, "usually I'd say no, but if you feel as if you can take it off, without pain then give it a go. But you must put it back on at the slightest thing that doesn't feel right okay?" I'm so happy with that, I smile and shake his hand with my good hand, and show him out. At least I can still film, that's all that matters. I remember my phone, and I reach to get it. There's a text from Shai, and I already feel better about reading it.

'Miles, I am so sorry you thought I didn't trust you, I trust you with my life, but yes. I am so happy with Theo, seriously just looking at him gives me butterflies, I really think we have something special. I hope you're okay Miles, get your hand checked out please?'

I don't even hesitate to answer.

'This is silly, I'm so happy for you Shai, congratulations, if you ever need anything I'm here :) and I have, that's why my reply's delayed. It's not broken, but I need a sling for 5 days. I'll see you tomorrow okay, I'm going to get some rest. Have a good day Shai'

And with that I close my eyes and go to sleep.