Chapter 83

Theo's POV:

It's incredibly humbling to be around so many people who have shown us as much support and love as they have. Some days I like to take a few minutes to just appreciate how perfect my life is, there isn't a single thing I would change right now, and that's all down to Shai. I try to imagine what my life would be like if I hadn't had gotten together with her, she would just be my colleague who I found attractive, funny, smart, insightful and everything else that comes with Shai. I could be in a relationship with someone else, but I know it wouldn't be as good as this, because Shai will always be Shai, and no matter who I could have been with, I think I would have always fallen in love with her. Even thinking about these possibilities makes my chest ache a little, I am so lucky and so privileged to be living this life. 

"Good morning," I hear a quiet, clear voice say, bringing my thoughts back to the present. Shai sits up from her sleeping position and meets me with a kiss. 

"Hi beautiful," I say, matching the volume of my voice with hers so I know I'm not too loud for her. She smiles her amazing smile and I smile back. 

"You're in a good mood this morning," she laughs. She's right though, I'm in the best mood. I lean forward and kiss her head. 

"I was just thinking about you," I admit. God she's so beautiful when she wakes up. "Come on, lets go out for a walk or something whilst it's still early." I remember when we were staying in the hotel, filming Divergent, one morning Shai went for a walk crazily early in the morning and I was so worried as I didn't know where she was. Even back then it felt like my responsibility to look after and love her. A broad smile appears across her face and she gets out of bed. 

"There's a great lake not far from here, it's perfect!" The passion in her eyes and voice makes me eager to discover this lake, I never used to be a morning person, but now every second I'm awake is another second I'm enjoying life. 

"Let's go there then." I put on some casual, plain clothes as does Shai and neither of us care about what we look like. Shai especially needs to be dressing for comfort now as her belly is getting bigger and I want her to be as comfortable as possible. 

We leave our house and Shai leads the way down all these quiet roads, and eventually we end up in a wooded area. We walk in it for about 5 minutes until we reach a shallow lake. The water was rushing so fast it would occasionally splash up and hit our ankles, it was refreshing in a way. The water was so clear and you could see tiny fish being carried along with the stream.

Shai's POV:

I have no idea why Theo suggested we come out this early but it's so great. I used to come here all the time growing up and I'd always picture bringing the love of my life here, and I've finally achieved that. I keep finding myself looking at Theo more than the wildlife, which surprises me as even to this day I'm still fascinated by the beauty of this place. His reaction to it all makes it worth it though, he appreciates the natural things surrounding us which I respect about him, and it always makes me smile when I witness it first hand. 

We follow the lake all the way through the trees until we reach a more public area, it's full of picnic tables and has a small children's park in the corner, although, there's still only Theo and I here as it's still quite early. 

"We can bring our little man here," Theo says without shifting his eyes from the park. I take his hand and nod my head in agreement even though he can't see me. "I'm going to push you on the swings," he says with a mischievous twist in his voice. I laugh thinking he's joking but he starts to pull me along behind him as he speeds off towards the park. 

"Theo, I'm not a child!" I laugh as I catch up with him. 

"Fine, then I'm pushing our son on the swings." He winks over his shoulder and before I know it we've reached the swings and I'm sat on one. 

He pushes me gently and we're both laughing, it's not even that funny but the laughter is contagious. The swing gets higher but not too high and it makes me feel like a kid again. The wind rushing past my face and the freedom of feeling like you're flying. We stay like this for a while until he slows the swing down and walks round so he's facing me. I stand up so my lips can meet his.

"You're going to be a wonderful father." I whisper between kisses and he doesn't respond. He doesn't need to. The day hasn't even begun and it's already turning out to be a great one.