Chapter Fifty

Shai's POV:
We're spending today with Theo's family as well, I'm meeting his 2 sisters and 2 brothers. I look out the window to see what the weather's like so I know what to wear. It's raining again, so I find my leggings and a nice top, even though I'm hiding the top with Theo's hoodie. Theo comes downstairs wearing jeans and a green shirt, it brings out his eyes. "You ready soon-to-be Mrs James?" I laugh, "don't you mean Mrs Taptiklis?" And take his hand. "But you'll be known as James" he says looking at his hoodie I'm wearing. "Whatever" I giggle and we lock the door.
-
We arrive at the restaurant where we're supposed to be meeting his family, and wait for about 5 minutes before they appear. His mother greets me warmly and his siblings stand awkwardly silent until she's finished. You can see Theo is the youngest of the 5, his face is a lot younger. Once Jane has finished hugging me and saying hello, Theo steps forward and says "guys this is Shai, my fiancé-" and before he could finish one of his sisters 'choked' and laughed. "Fiancé?! You have to be kidding me? You can do so much better Theo" The shock is so sudden, who the hell does she think she is, and I can't help but feel jealous because I know Theo deserves the world. I look up at Theo and his eyes are cold, staring at his sister. In a deep, slow voice Theo speaks giving me chills, "what gives you the right, to say who I can and can't marry?" I don't want Theo to argue, he loves his family. I hold his hand trying to calm him down but he pulls it away, and wraps his whole arm around me pulling me into his side. I feel protected and wanted, and I can't even hide the smirk on my face. "I want you to leave" he says to his sister. "But-" she tries to continue but Theo raises his voice a little "go!" 
-
At lunch the mood seems to have lightened, and Theo's other sister is talking about me meeting her son and daughter at some point, I can tell by Theo's change of mood that his niece and nephew mean the world to him. Maybe one day it'll be our own kids he loves so much. Theo's brothers don't really speak to me much, they just seem to be having constant banter with each other and Theo, it's like a whole new side of him I've never seen. I like family Theo.

Theo's POV:
Back my place and the silence is so loud. I know I have to say something about my sister but I don't know if Shai wants to talk about it. We're both sitting on the sofa playing stupid games on our phones and this isn't how our relationship is, I have to say something, anything.
"Shai, about earlier-"
"Stop Theo, I love you, no matter what. And I know I do not deserve you, and if your sister has made you realise that, I love you too much not to let you be happy okay?"
"You can be such an idiot sometimes you know? I love you Shailene Woodley, and I consider myself the luckiest man alive. And I am so excited to marry you" I say, not giving her a chance to reply before I kiss her. I will not be letting my sister get away with this. Shai deserves to know how special she is, and not be told otherwise.