Chapter Thirty-Four

Shai's POV:

I'm laying in my bed on my own for the first time in a while now. It feels weird, but I enjoy to spread out across the whole bed. We found out yesterday that Neil won't be directing Insurgent, which is upsetting because he was great fun and we got along quite well. Although change can be good, and it will be good to see what another director will be doing with the film when it comes. Until then I need to help my nan move into my house, and get the last out of it which is mine. She's been calling me endlessly thanking me and checking that it's okay. I just wish she'd understand she means more to me than that house, and she needs a stable home. I'm young, this is my chance to explore and travel round, my nan's done all of that and now she needs to rest, and appreciate the little things. My mum said she would help to save me the journey but honestly I want to see my family, I haven't seen my brother in what feels like forever and I miss him so much. Along with my mum and nan, I would love them all to meet Theo as well. I don't think he's ever been to Simi Valley so it'll be nice to show him round. I know Theo needs to go back to England as well, he definitely misses his family. He has his own way of showing it, he always talks about his brother, and his niece and nephew. I don't expect him to take me with him but I hope one day he will, I want to see England and experience all the English traditions and learn new cultural things. Maybe he'll take me to meet his family some day. I feel a slight ache in my back and I can't work out where it has come from, I guess I slept funny, so I've decided on having a bath to relax all my muscles.

I fill the bath making it quite hot, I add vanilla essences which fill the bathroom with a mild welcoming smell, I dim the lights a little and get in the bath, lying back and just forgetting about everything that's happened over the last couple of days.

As I get dressed after my bath I realise I haven't eaten and it's already midday! I throw on my sweats and Theo's shirt he gave me. I tie my hair up in a quick bun appreciating all the time I have with it being long, I must admit I am so nervous about cutting it for 'The Fault in our Stars' but it comforts me that I'll be with Ansel throughout the experience. Quickly whisking together some pancake mix I sing along to the radio playing What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction. The pancakes start to smell so good and I start flipping them, pretending I'm a professional chef. When they're almost done I put some bacon on top of them to cook in the pancake. I've never tried that before but I'm hoping it'll turn out well.

Theo's POV:

I used to be so active whenever I had a day off but today I've hardly moved, I've been watching crappy TV for hours and playing trending games on my phone. None of them appeal to me but some can be very addictive, just as I was getting a high score on Angry Birds a text messages appears across my screen, my first reaction was annoyed as I thought it was someone of no importance to me, who just lost me my high score, but the second I see Shai's name I smile and realise she's so much more important to me than Angry Birds, and I slide to read the message.

'I'm booking a flight to California in two weeks time to visit my family and help my nan move, I could really use some of your muscles to come with me;)xx'

I can't believe Shai's inviting me to come and meet her family, I really thought she'd think it's too soon but it's not, of course I'd love to.

'Okay, I'll chop off my biceps and they'll join you xx'

I swear I'm always making bad jokes, even on set Miles and Jai would say that's all I ever done. Honestly I don't care, they make me laugh, even if I am the only one laughing at them, I still think they're worth saying.

'I'm just taking that as a yes, Theodore xx'

I always tease when she calls me Theodore, but secretly I really like hearing my full name every now and again, I would hate it if it was a regular thing but it's not and it makes me feel like Shai knows me on a more personal level than anyone I know, excluding my family. I like it when me and Shai have our inside jokes, every between us is so private and it makes me feel like I am all hers and she is all mine, nobody else has anything to do with our relationship. That's how it should be. It takes a little while but soon enough I'm excited to go to Simi Valley and meet Shai's family, she speaks so fondly of them it would just be a pleasure to meet the people who brought up the most amazing woman I know. I've never been more thankful for auditioning for the part of Four, I never knew I'd get my Tris forever.