Chapter Forty-Eight

Theo's POV:
We've been in London for about an hour and we're about to meet my mother. I can tell Shai's nervous but she won't admit it, she keeps bouncing her leg and fidgeting, it's cute. It reminds me of when I first met her, in that audition room. The first time I saw her I knew I'd fall in love with her, I'm so lucky. My apartment in London isn't big but it's big enough for us. The bell rings and Shai jumps up, "your mum must be here" she says quickly with a smile. "Yeah, come on" I take her hand and we let my mum in, who is embarrassingly over excited to meet Shai. She pulls her into 2 kisses and a hug, and Shai complies. "Oh you're so beautiful!" My mother exclaims pulling her into yet another hug, then my mum looks at me. "Oh Theodore! I've missed you!" And she moves onto me, "hi mum, tea?" I offer and don't need to wait for her reply to get started. Shai and my mum sit on my sofa and start talking about Shai's first time in London.
I join them with tea and a glass of juice for Shai.
"Have you got anything planned for later?" My mother asks.
"Yes, actually, we're going on a river cruise on the Thames." I reply, placing a hand on Shai's knee.
"Oh, very romantic."
-
After my mum staying for 4 whole hours, she's finally left, and it's time for me and Shai to get ready. I get in the shower and hum to myself. Today's a big day, and it's going so well.
I've packed a nice suit for this evening, it's black with a dark grey shirt and black tie. After blow drying my hair to make it bigger I gel it into a neat style. Opening my bedroom door to see Shai leaning against a wall in a tight red dress makes my jaw just drop, how on earth did I get so lucky to have her?
-
Walking down the road hand-in-hand to the boat makes me smile, Shai has all these questions about the building's we're passing, and the history of London. It's adorable.

Shai's POV:
Today has been amazing, I never imagined London to be as beautiful as it is, and this boat is amazing! The night sky is a deep indigo colour and the stars cover it unevenly giving it fine detail. There's a warm breeze on the boat and we're sitting right at the top. Our table is quite small and round, with a red rose in the middle Theo arranged. He looks so good tonight, he's made it so special. The only problem is I don't think he thinks he's done well, he seems shifty and is constantly asking me if I'm enjoying it.
"Theo, you okay?" I say smiling.
"Yes, I should tell you why I was busy whilst you were filming..."
"What do you mean, you said you was sorting out this"
"Shai, the first time I saw you in the audition room, I got butterflies, and I still do, the second time with the call back my heart just stopped, you were so happy, and beautiful, and every moment we've shared since has been indescribable, I've wanted today to be perfect, and the start of something amazing. Shai, I can't imagine spending my life with anyone else, I only want you. I want to grow old with you, have a family with you, but most importantly right now, I want to marry you, so Shailene Dianne Woodley, would you do me the greatest of honours and be my wife?" I can see his eyes filling up with tears and I can't even contain my tears, for a few seconds I even forgot how to breathe. The love of my life has just asked me to marry him, and he's picked the most beautiful ring in the world, I can feel the tears streaming down my face and I know I have to answer, I can't keep him down on one knee for much longer. "Yes, I'll marry you" and he slides the ring on my finger. This is so special, and the happiest moment of my whole life.