Chapter Forty-One

Theo's POV:
I get removed from my day dream by the vibrating of my phone, Shai's in the shower and no one else calls me. Who could this be? I look at the screen and its Rachel, my publicist. What could she want?
"Hello?" I begin.
"Theo! We have a problem."
"What's happened Jane?"
"Miles Teller's interview has just been aired and he's told everyone about you and Shailene."
"Holy fuck why?" I can't hide the rage in my voice
"I don't know Theo but paparazzi is going to be heavy, if you need anything call me, make sure you talk to Shai, bye Theo"
She hangs up and my whole body is dominated by anger. Who does he think he is? I can't even begin to describe how angry I am. I search through my contacts and find Miles, I hit the call button. The ring goes on but no answer, of course he's avoiding my calls. In rage I throw my phone across the room and it hits into the sofa not breaking. I turn to see Shai standing in shock. "What's happened Theo?" She asks genuinely concerned. How the hell do I tell her one of her best friends has betrayed us? "It's Miles" I mutter through gritted teeth, even his name makes me feel sick right now. "He's said about us in his interview, everyone knows." I wait for her reply, but I don't get one. I don't need one, her eyes say it all. They slowly begin to fill with tears and she walks towards me, I hold her in my arms and she starts to cry. I feel vibrating and pull my phone out of my pocket the quickest I've ever been expecting Miles but it wasn't my phone. "It's me" Shai says through tears. She pulls out her phone and answers but I can't see who it is, I can only hear the one sided conversation.
"Hey"
"Yeah no, I know"
"I can't believe he told them, I don't know what we're going to do"
"We've just found out and haven't spoken yet, I'll call you back"
She hangs up and doesn't look so upset, I look at her questioningly. "Ansel" she says and walks to the sofa. "We have to talk about this." I agree. We do. Honestly I don't care everybody knows about me and Shai, I want the world to know she's mine, I just wanted them to know through us, not some jealous arsehole.
"What you thinking Theo?"
"That I'm happy everyone knows, I like everyone knowing I love you..." I admit shyly.
"You were so mad though?"
"Yes, I still am. He had no right!"
"He didn't you're right, I'll call him later"
I hold her hand not wanting to talk about it any more. She squeezes it and we turn on the TV avoiding any news channels or celebrity related shows. I trust that Shai will do what's right.

Shai's POV:
I think me and Theo are putting on stronger faces than we feel. I'm happy everyone knows but I agree with him, Miles had no right. I'm going to call him, I pull out my phone and dial his number. Theo watching me intently.
"Shai, before you spea-"
"No Miles, you had no right do you understand that? Do you not have a brain inside that thick head of yours?"
"Yes Shai I do, I didn't want to hurt you!"
"What were you trying to do then?"
"Prove that Theo's not committed, as soon as responsibility is needed he'll leave I bet!"
"Shut up Miles, you've actually done us a favour we wanted to tell the public but didn't know how, but now you've helped us!" I see Theo looking at me confused. Of course we hadn't planned to tell anyone yet but I want Miles to know that he can't just control my life.
"Seriously Shai?"
"Yes Miles, don't talk to me again, thanks"
I hang up, knowing I've achieved more than he's letting on. This can only get better, I know it.